PDA

View Full Version : Service details not showing up on invoice

RCA
04-01-2006, 03:51 PM
Hey guys,
I'm using a trial version. *My problem is that my service description that I've entered under my "Round 2" application is not showing up on the customer invoice. *What am I doing wrong?
Also, each customer has their own seprate price based on square footage, this price stays the same throughout the year, no matter what application I'm doing. *Do I have to re-enter the customer price every time I add a new service?
Thanks,
RCA

Gopher Support
04-01-2006, 10:37 PM
If you modified the description on the service list after you scheduled a job or added a customer to a job series it won't affect the existing job's description. Can you tell us where the service description appears to be coming from right now?

Also, there's a feature in the latest version that lets you right-click on a service from the service list and copy the customer prices from another service. For example, let's say you set up a service called "Round 1" and you define the customer prices. After you create a service called "Round 2" you can go to the service list, right-click on Round 2 and tell Gopher to copy all of the prices from Round 1.

RCA
04-02-2006, 02:43 PM
Tks for the reply. I don't understand the question "Can you tell us where the service description appears to be coming from right now" I would assume it's coming from the "Service" area where I entered the info. Otherwise I mostly understand everything else in the reply. I'm sure I'll be asking more questions over the next couple of weeks
Thanks!

Gopher Tech
04-03-2006, 07:07 AM
Quote[/b] ]I don't understand the question "Can you tell us where the service description appears to be coming from right now"
Is it coming from the service section where you might have created the service name and description?

Also have you been able to review the Job Series FAQ here. (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=2;t=873)

Or watch the training video here (http://www.gophersoftware.com/training/job-series.htm)?

Gopher Support
04-03-2006, 09:53 AM
Another thing we'd like you to clarify is whether the problem is with the description field (usually just a one-liner) or the details field (multi-line field).
1) If you edit a customer-specific price on the Service screen, do you see text in the Details field?
2) When you edit the service record on the service list, is there text in the Service Details field?
3) Are you using the schedule feature? Please walk us through the steps you're doing to create an invoice.