PDA

View Full Version : More help with QBs export

maelawncare
01-21-2006, 07:58 PM
Well i finally got it to export http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif Now my question is, how do u get that dam Gopher_Service thing to go away?? Its really starting to tick me off. And come to apoint to where i dont understand. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif So should i start a battle with quickbooks or what? http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif

Gopher Support
01-22-2006, 12:42 AM
The GOPHER_SERVICE item is required in order to export Invoice data and can't be removed or else the link will not work.

maelawncare
01-22-2006, 03:42 PM
so i cant use the sales reports in quickbooks now?? Cause it would say that the only items i had sold is gopherserice right?

Gopher Support
01-22-2006, 06:55 PM
Currently, Gopher does not create a separate QB item for each of your service items in Gopher. This is something we plan to expand upon in a future update.

Lawnscapesinc
01-23-2006, 09:20 AM
I have downloaded Gopher and added customers,scheduled work,completed work, billing and exported completed work to Qbooks. The problem I have is when importing completed work to Qbooks I get the following error. Error code47 You can't change type of name or add duplicate name.

Gopher Support
01-23-2006, 03:21 PM
Which specific button were you clicking in Gopher when you got that error message? And which tab on the QB synchronize screen were you on at the time?

Soupy
01-25-2006, 02:59 PM
Quote[/b] (maelawncare @ Jan. 22 2006,3:42)]so i cant use the sales reports in quickbooks now?? Cause it would say that the only items i had sold is gopherserice right?
This is a very important problem Gopher needs to address before the new season kicks in. If not, I will probably stop using it and use QB for invoicing. That is not something I really want to do, but I am anticipating the possibility and have been working with QB invoices to try to manipulate them in a way that will acceptable. I'm just not thrilled with the lack of invoice messages in QB. I will just send separate letters out if need be.

I'm not going to bash Gopher for not fulfilling my specific need, but I would think since it has no accounting abilities that many users probably use QB too. I was very excited about the new export tool until I realized as you did that it isn't perfect. I started a thread a while back looking for user impute and didn't get any. I am glad to know I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Customer service has been great in the fast response to solving issues that are currently solvable (really impressive). You can't find nicer people then here at Gopher, but the programmers take for ever to get anything done. They are getting quit the reputation for slow moving and this is something that Gopher needs to nip in the bud real fast.

Gopher Support
01-25-2006, 06:31 PM
Would this issue be resolved if each item in Gopher's service & material list corresponded with a unique item in the Quickbooks item list?

Soupy
01-26-2006, 11:40 AM
Quote[/b] (Gopher Support @ Jan. 25 2006,6:31)]Would this issue be resolved if each item in Gopher's service & material list corresponded with a unique item in the Quickbooks item list?
I don't know the first thing about how programs work. Meaning I don't know what happens after I enter the data and how it is handled.

Is there a way to setup all services/materials in QB then have Gopher import them so the two can communicate. When we export the invoice it would be like we just manually created the same invoice in QB (using the invoice date). Then when we export payments to QB it would act as if we manually entered that payment in QB. This way QB keeps track of all data as if we never used Gopher.

Lawnscapesinc
01-27-2006, 07:09 AM
Quote[/b] (Gopher Support @ Jan. 23 2006,4:21)]Which specific button were you clicking in Gopher when you got that error message? *And which tab on the QB synchronize screen were you on at the time?
I did the export from Gopher and got the message that the file was created for Quickbooks. then went to Quickbooks to see if it was posted and it wasn't so I did an import from Quickbooks using the GOPHER file in Windows Temp folder.

Steve
01-27-2006, 08:22 AM
Hi Lawnscapesinc,

Are you using the newer QB synchronized option or are you using the older IIF file?

If you are using the older one, download the latest Gopher update here (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=2;t=931).

Lawnscapesinc
01-27-2006, 01:01 PM
I downloaded the newer version, but when it didn't export the file I went to Qbooks to try to import the file. I just downloaded the update again and tried to export and it just comes back with file created message and does not export the data to Qbooks.

Steve
01-27-2006, 01:06 PM
Hi Lawnscapesinc,

Can you try using the
File | QuickBooks Link | Synchronize with Quickbooks
instead of the older export feature? This is the new feature.

There is more information on how to use it here (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST&f=2&t=1457).

Lawnscapesinc
01-27-2006, 01:19 PM
This is what I'am doing. go to file,select Qbooks link,sync with Qbooks,click on QB invoices,select transfer all invoices,date range 1/1/06 1/27/06, click ok. do not get any messages back and nothing post to Qbooks

Gopher Support
01-27-2006, 02:26 PM
The OK button just closes the QB Synchronize screen. You have to follow each step from this post (including installing the QBFC installer):

http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum....ckbooks (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=2;t=1457;hl=quickbooks)

Gopher Support
01-27-2006, 02:30 PM
Quote[/b] (Soupy @ Jan. 26 2006,12:40)]Is there a way to setup all services/materials in QB then have Gopher import them so the two can communicate. When we export the invoice it would be like we just manually created the same invoice in QB (using the invoice date). Then when we export payments to QB it would act as if we manually entered that payment in QB. This way QB keeps track of all data as if we never used Gopher.
Right now Gopher does not export its service & material lists to QB. But we are working towards that goal.

Soupy
01-27-2006, 05:40 PM
Quote[/b] (Gopher Support @ Jan. 27 2006,2:30)]Quote[/b] (Soupy @ Jan. 26 2006,12:40)]Is there a way to setup all services/materials in QB then have Gopher import them so the two can communicate. When we export the invoice it would be like we just manually created the same invoice in QB (using the invoice date). Then when we export payments to QB it would act as if we manually entered that payment in QB. This way QB keeps track of all data as if we never used Gopher.
Right now Gopher does not export its service & material lists to QB. *But we are working towards that goal.
Yea, I know it doesn't do it now http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Lawnscapesinc
02-03-2006, 09:29 AM
Quote[/b] (Gopher Support @ Jan. 27 2006,3:26)]The OK button just closes the QB Synchronize screen. *You have to follow each step from this post (including installing the QBFC installer):

http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum....ckbooks (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=2;t=1457;hl=quickbooks)
Ok, I went through that process and exported invoices to Qbooks. I still hace one problem I exported three invoices and only two posred to Qbooks. I get the following: Invoice number 1 is thr one that does not export.

Verifying account "Job Related Costs"
Job Related Costs exists
Creating default Service...
response:<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<QBXML>
<QBXMLMsgsRs>
<ItemServiceAddRs requestID="0" statusCode="3100" statusSeverity="Error" statusMessage="The name "GOPHER_SERVICE" of the list element is already in use." />
</QBXMLMsgsRs>
</QBXML>

Creating default Material...
response:<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<QBXML>
<QBXMLMsgsRs>
<ItemNonInventoryAddRs requestID="0" statusCode="3100" statusSeverity="Error" statusMessage="The name "GOPHER_MATERIAL" of the list element is already in use." />
</QBXMLMsgsRs>
</QBXML>
invoiceAdd.CustomerRef.ListID = 3750000-1137950545
invoiceAdd.TermsRef.ListID = 80000-1138067114
invoiceAdd.ItemSalesTaxRef.ListID = 10000-1041984367
New Invoice TxnID = "29A17-1138947136" (From Invoice ID: 1)
**************************-
invoiceAdd.CustomerRef.ListID = 13B0000-1051975656
New Invoice TxnID = "29A1C-1138947136" (From Invoice ID: 2)
invoiceAdd.CustomerRef.ListID = 6E0000-1045414980
New Invoice TxnID = "29A20-1138947137" (From Invoice ID: 3)

Gopher Support
02-03-2006, 09:40 AM
That response looks good and doesn't indicate any type of problem. Are you sure the invoice is nowhere to be found in Quickbooks?

Lawnscapesinc
02-03-2006, 09:55 AM
Yes, I cannot find them anywhere. I had some invoices for this customer in Qbooks from another sowtware, so I deleted them and tried again and nothing appears for this one customer.

Soupy
02-03-2006, 10:45 AM
Check to see if Gopher possibly created a second account for that customer in QB. Maybe the two names didn't match exactly. Maybe the first and last name were swapped.

Just a thought...

Lawnscapesinc
02-03-2006, 11:35 AM
That's what happened, That is not good, it should come back and tell me that.

Lawnscapesinc
02-05-2006, 09:02 AM
Does Gopher have the option to only add new customers from Qbooks? I would like Qbooks to be the master and before adding customers from Gopher when invoicing to prompt to get approval.

Soupy
02-05-2006, 10:29 AM
In the future enter all customers in QB, then import/update them to Gopher using the QB Synchronize screen.

Lawnscapesinc
02-06-2006, 09:13 AM
I just discovered another problem when exporting customers I sometimes get two entries for one customer: The first entry will be correct with cust ID of say 68 and the next line will have customer ID of 0 with just the last name , all the other information on the two entries will be the same: telephone number, address,etc. I think it may have to something to do with Customer Name from QBooks. I use the last name as customer name at the top of the Edit screen in Qbooks and enter the full name in the Customer name field below. It appears in some cases that Gopher builds an entry for both Fields. It does not happen for all customers.

Lawnscapesinc
02-06-2006, 09:38 AM
Quote[/b] (Soupy @ Jan. 26 2006,12:40)]Quote[/b] (Gopher Support @ Jan. 25 2006,6:31)]Would this issue be resolved if each item in Gopher's service & material list corresponded with a unique item in the Quickbooks item list?
I don't know the first thing about how programs work. Meaning I don't know what happens after I enter the data and how it is handled.

Is there a way to setup all services/materials in QB then have Gopher import them so the two can communicate. When we export the invoice it would be like we just manually created the same invoice in QB (using the invoice date). Then when we export payments to QB it would act as if we manually entered that payment in QB. This way QB keeps track of all data as if we never used Gopher.
Is there any progress on this item: I would like to see this implemented and will be key in my decision on going to Gopher or another Software I am also testing.

Gopher Support
02-06-2006, 07:25 PM
We would like to incorporate this change in the future but it is not yet implemented.

BSDeality
02-09-2006, 03:20 PM
I am very interested in this QB export/sync tool, but I am not sure that it is going to solve anything.

What exactly does it do? I would like to be able to see a complete accounting list of services, materials, time, etc in QB as I am really interested in the numbers end of my business this year.

QB's doesn't appear to have any scheduling or billing ability (geared towards weekly service businesses).

Soupy
02-09-2006, 05:58 PM
Quote[/b] (BSDeality @ Feb. 09 2006,3:20)]I am very interested in this QB export/sync tool, but I am not sure that it is going to solve anything.

What exactly does it do? I would like to be able to see a complete accounting list of services, materials, time, etc in QB as I am really interested in the numbers end of my business this year.

QB's doesn't appear to have any scheduling or billing ability (geared towards weekly service businesses).
How do you manage you accounts payable and receivables for your business? Gopher is simply a scheduling and billing program, but you still need to have some way of keeping the books. Since QB is the most popular you will find that most programs will do it's best to sync with it.

QB is capable of billing through invoices, statements, and sales receipts.

The difference is Gopher allows you to schedule the work in more ways then one, then generate that work into an invoice. Gopher is much easier in the whole billing department. Gopher lacks everything else that QB has and in many cases are more important. After all QB will do the billing just not as easy. So QB users need a way to sync data from a 3rd party program to QB or the con's of having a 3rd party program out-way the pro's.

Soupy
02-09-2006, 06:19 PM
Quote[/b] (BSDeality @ Feb. 09 2006,3:20)]I am very interested in this QB export/sync tool, but I am not sure that it is going to solve anything.

To answer your question "what does it do". Right now syncs invoices and payments with QB. It does not sync services, or materials invoiced. All Gopher needs to do is sync the line items in each invoice with an account in QB. There has to be some way of telling each service item, or material item what the corresponding QB account is.

I would think the easiest way to achieve this would be to clear all service and material items in Gopher and have Gopher import the service and material accounts from QB.

BSDeality
02-12-2006, 12:58 PM
that is what I was afraid of.

Previously I ran the business by the seat of the pants, but now I want to be able to get a complete run down of profits PER job, which at this point I don't think is possible with the QB sync tool of gopher.

QB is worthless for scheduling and billing in the lawn care industry which gopher excels at. AR is/was done through gopher, however AP was done in my head, on a calender, in a bin on my wall, and is very sloppy. I have transitioned that part over to QB.

Soupy
03-08-2006, 11:04 PM
Has there been any updates released yet to resolve some of these issues? I have not been in the loop lately..

Thanks,
Soupy

Gopher Tech
03-09-2006, 09:51 AM
Hi Soupy,

We haven't made any recent changes to the qb link. But we do have many good ideas for further expansion of it.

Steve
03-16-2006, 02:07 PM
Moved to wish list.