PDA

View Full Version : Chemical/weather on invoice

01-25-2006, 08:19 PM
I can see how to leave blank areas on a schedule sheet for weather and I can see how to put chemical information on an invoice, but I'd like to merge the two and skip the schedule sheet. My goal would be to pre-print the invoices to leave at each stop and fill in specific information such as time and weather as I complete each stop. Is there a way to do this? Thanks

Gopher Support
01-25-2006, 11:42 PM
The invoice can only print out chemical information after it's been entered into the system. It can't print blank spots on the invoice, just on the scheduled job sheet (printing from the schedule screen).

01-26-2006, 06:38 AM
How do guys normally operate then when it comes to applications? Do they run off service sheets and then mail the invoices? Here in Michigan we have to leave a service statement at the property showing what, when, who, how, etc... but most just turn that into an invoice. I'd like to utilize Gopher but I'm trying to figure out what other guys in the same boat do. Thanks

Steve
01-26-2006, 07:02 AM
Hi Marc Stine,

Have you considered using a laptop in your truck? You could then print off an invoice on the spot with all necessary information.

01-26-2006, 08:18 AM
Yes, I am considering that and saw a set up on lawn site someone is using. The setup I saw had a power inverter and the printer was under the back seat of his ext. cab. I looked at an office supply yesterday, but is there a 12 volt printer or is this guy probably using the inverter to run the printer and a battery powered laptop? Thanks, Marc

01-26-2006, 08:49 AM
Pardon my thinking out loud here, but is it feasible to print both schedule sheets and invoices ahead if you mark the jobs complete? I'm a solo act so I'd know if a job was really done or not. I could leave both at the job site with the pertitent info. filled out on site? Just a thought

Steve
01-26-2006, 09:36 AM
Hi Marc,

I believe most lcos who make a mobile office do use inverters.

Quote[/b] ]but is it feasible to print both schedule sheets and invoices ahead if you mark the jobs complete?
Absolutely and some do this.

tiedeman
03-11-2006, 05:07 PM
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 26 2006,6:38)]How do guys normally operate then when it comes to applications? *Do they run off service sheets and then mail the invoices? *Here in Michigan we have to leave a service statement at the property showing what, when, who, how, etc... *but most just turn that into an invoice. *I'd like to utilize Gopher but I'm trying to figure out what other guys in the same boat do. *Thanks
I could be wrong Marc, but for lawn applications all you have to leave is the posting sign at points of entry. *You do not have to leave the invoice or statement right then and there.

You can print out blank spots on your schedule for the wind speed, direction, weather, etc. *And then when you get back to the office you can load that into the customers info to store for records.