PDA

View Full Version : exporting data to a QuickBooks

Soupy
11-01-2005, 04:07 AM
I just downloaded a trial version of QuickBooks Pro 2005 and want to play around with the export feature of Gopher to see if it is worth messing with. What would be the best way of getting started if I don't have a company created in QB? I want a fresh start. The problem I am having is I need something to open in QB to get started. Should I just start a new company in QB and start with just company name and address with no other data created. Will that work? I tried using a old QB back up from my QB2002 files but it didn't go to well. I got a couple errors and after going through the error process my totals didn't match. It shows customer payments, but the customer totals are all in the negative as if the invoice are not be calculated and only payment giving them a credit.

Anyway my main concern now is the best way to start a fresh company so I have no data in QB and see what I get from Gopher. If you have any tips, I would appreciate them.

Soupy
11-01-2005, 04:12 AM
Oh,we don't charge tax on labor in my state so I just set the sale tax in Gopher to 0 but go ahead and let it show a tax line on invoice. Should I change this in Gopher and then skip the tax portion of in QBFC installer. The errors I am having are in QB pay terms and during export invoices.

Thanks,

Gopher Support
11-01-2005, 03:19 PM
The QBFC Installer is something that you only have to run once initially. You can create a new company in QB by going to File | New Company.

When you export for the first time to QB from Gopher you should do the following steps in Gopher:
1) File | QuickBooks Link | Synchronize with Quickbooks
2) Tax Codes tab | Search/Add "TAX" and "NON" sales tax codes
3) Tax Region tab | Update Tax Regions
4) QB Pay Terms | Update Terms
5) QB Customer | Export Customers to QB

And now you should be able to export your invoices and payments from their respective tabs on the same screen.

Let us know if you have encounter any problems.

Soupy
11-02-2005, 12:41 PM
While Updating Pay terms I get Error " Missing 'onError' Attribute"

While Exporting invoice to QB I get Error "ORinvoicelineAddlist: required list is empty End of invoiceAdd."

Gopher Support
11-03-2005, 10:05 AM
1) Can you go to Options | Payment Terms in Gopher, edit some of the terms, go to the QB Info tab and tell us if there is any data showing up there?
2) Were you trying to export an invoice with or without line items?

Soupy
12-20-2005, 10:33 PM
Quote[/b] (Gopher Support @ Nov. 03 2005,10:05)]1) Can you go to Options | Payment Terms in Gopher, edit some of the terms, go to the QB Info tab and tell us if there is any data showing up there?
2) Were you trying to export an invoice with or without line items?
I know this problem is old, but my QB trial ran out the same day you posted. I have now purchased QB 2006 to update my older version 2002 to give this new feature another try. I'm having the same problem with exporting invoices. The pay terms are working fine this time.

I sent you an email yesterday to the tech email provided within Gopher. I provided all error messages in that email.

Gopher Support
12-21-2005, 07:43 AM
Try downloading gopher2004.exe from http://getgopher.com/update.

We made some changes today that might resolve the error you encountered.

Soupy
12-22-2005, 06:37 AM
Thanks again for helping me get through this. Now that I got it all figured out it should be smooth sailing for awhile. Man, I love this new system I did not have to deposit funds or anything it all went right in place.

Grab $10 out of my affiliate account and go have a ****tail on me http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Steve
12-22-2005, 01:45 PM
Great! I am glad it worked out!

Soupy
12-22-2005, 06:22 PM
Edit: The code would not display so I will email you. I just need a interperatation of one error.