PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Customer Properties

Gopher Tech
07-04-2003, 02:34 AM
When you enter a customer, click on the property tab and enter as all your customer' s properties.
When you schedule a job, choose the specific property the job is associated with.
When you print your invoices, after you "Generate" them, if you the customer has multiple properties, each line item will show the property the service is associated with.

Gopher Support
11-28-2005, 11:19 PM
To add multple properties to a customer's account, make sure you are on the customer section. Choose a specific customer and click on the edit button.

Gopher Support
11-28-2005, 11:23 PM
Select the property tab.

Gopher Support
11-28-2005, 11:24 PM
To add a new property for this customer click on the add button.

Gopher Support
11-28-2005, 11:27 PM
This section allows you to enter multiple property addresses that you may service for the same customer.
On top you will see two tabs: "Property" and "Comments."
The "Property" tab allows you to enter in another property that is serviced for this customer.
The "Comments" tab allows you to enter in "Private Comments" that are for your viewing only as well as a "Crew Comment" which will be printed on the crew's daily job schedule list.

tlclismore
12-03-2005, 05:42 AM
Ok, just to throw a spanner in the works. I have multiple properties handled by a specific real estate agent. BUT... each property has a different agent within the company *responsible for paying the bills for the properties. *eg: Malcom looks after comercial, Veronica looks after residential etc.

Is it possible to add a feature to the program so you can set up multiple client names within one company?

At the moment I have set them up as individual clients but.. that doesn't allow me to get a running total of how much the whole company owes me.

Gopher Support
12-05-2005, 09:51 AM
You could edit the property description under the Customer screen | Property tab to include the client's name after the address. This way when the invoice prints it will show the client's name next to each property. Will that help at all?

tlclismore
12-06-2005, 05:31 AM
Quote[/b] (Gopher Support @ Dec. 05 2005,11:51)]You could edit the property description under the Customer screen | Property tab to include the client's name after the address. *This way when the invoice prints it will show the client's name next to each property. *Will that help at all?
Not really. Each "client" is a different department/section of the same company. the clients have multiple properties that I look after but they are not interested in the total that the company owes me or what the other departments in the company owe me. My Clients want individual bills inclusive of all the properties that they manage only. (if you can follow what I mean.....) That is why I have setup each client a a seperate entity. But that doesn't allow me to get a quick running total of what the whole company owes me..

Gopher Support
12-06-2005, 08:28 AM
Gopher can handle a customer->multiple properties relationship. It sounds like what you want is a customer->multiple clients->multiple properties relationship. The program isn't set up to handle that additional relationship layer.

Would it help if we allowed you to see what a Customer Category owes you? That way you could create separate customer entries for each client, add them all to one category, and then see what the category owes you.

The next question is: who do you receive payments from? The individual clients or the real estate agent at the top?

tlclismore
12-07-2005, 05:31 AM
(Would it help if we allowed you to see what a Customer Category owes you? *That way you could create separate customer entries for each client, add them all to one category, and then see what the category owes you.)

That might work,

(The next question is: who do you receive payments from? *The individual clients or the real estate agent at the top?)

I recieve payments from the real estate agent that is handeling the property (residential department, comercial department etc....) on behalf of the property owner.

Sorry guy's its a bit confusing but the real estate agent has broken their busines down to different departments handleing different types of properties and they don't want to know what the other department owes or is doing.

The way I'm doing it at the moment is getting me by but I just thought that you might be interested in this type of business situation where one company has multiple departments that don't want each department to know what the other is doing.

Thak god they only have 4 or 5 different departments that I have to deal with lol....

a customer->multiple clients->multiple properties relationship is probably something that you might concider in the future releases of Gopher.
Thanks for your help.