PDA

View Full Version : Log in customers properly?

Turf Pro
10-02-2003, 12:58 AM
I didnt read anything, I just started using the program, it seemed real easy. Any wayI entered all the monthly services charges in by going in to there account and using the auto billing option. But when I read how your instuctions tell you to go into services and enter price for each customer under a customer price in the service list. Im thinking that way would have worked better? Should I redo it before I get to far in? When I do a graph it list all my maintenance as a default service. Thank you for your time.

Gopher Tech
10-02-2003, 08:23 AM
Hi Turf Pro,

Gopher has the flexibility to be used in many ways. The way you described is fine if it works to solve your current business needs. Auto-billing is a quick and fast way to get things going. Your service graph report works with services. When you use auto-billing, they aren't considered services or materials, but rather a flat fee to bill the customer at each invoice generation. If you would like to have the graph report work, you need to schedule specific services for each customer. Let me know if you need more help, that's why we are here.

Turf Pro
12-21-2003, 03:11 PM
Im was going back and entering a price for each customer in the services section, So I could use the scheduling. My question is, Im charging a monthly fee, and if I enter that into the sevice section, and then schedule them for once a week. Will I end up with that monthly charge for every time I scheduled them? Hope that makes sence? Thank you

What I do is charge a monthly fee no matter how many times I show up. They are always serviced on the same day of the week.

Gopher Support
12-22-2003, 10:36 AM
If you want to charge a monthly fee that isn't based on the number of times you service them then we would recommend using the Auto-Billing feature on the customer page. *Each auto-billing item that you enter will appear on a customer's invoice whenever you use the generate function (so long as the "include auto-billing items" option is enabled). *An alternative to this is to use the contract screen. *However, Auto-billing items are easier to set up than contracts. *Simply edit a customer, click on the auto-billing tab and hit "add" button. *The description and price that you enter here will appear on future "generated" invoices.

Turf Pro
12-24-2003, 05:05 PM
Thats how Ive been doing it. But now Id like to add them into the calender. If I schedual accounts and then generate invoices Am I going to get Landscape maintenance listed on my invoices twice? I know I can put them in the calander with a charge of $0.

Gopher Support
12-26-2003, 02:14 PM
You can schedule a job on the calendar and prevent it from showing up on the invoice by checking the "Hide Line Item on Invoice" checkbox on the Service step of the schedule wizard AND setting the price in the schedule wizard to zero.

On the other hand, if you want the job to appear on the invoice (so the customer can see when you were there) then leave the "Hide Line Item on Invoice" checkbox UNCHECKED and set the price on the schedule wizard to $0.

Gopher Support
11-28-2005, 10:29 PM
To create a new auto-billing item, make sure you are on the customer page. Choose a customer and click on the edit button.

Gopher Support
11-28-2005, 10:31 PM
Then choose the Auto-Billing tab.

Gopher Support
11-28-2005, 10:33 PM
Next click on the Add button.

Gopher Support
11-28-2005, 10:35 PM
If the customer has multiple properties, choose which property in the drop down box this auto-billing item is for.

Gopher Support
11-28-2005, 10:39 PM
In this example we will want our invoice line item description to say "Monthly maintenance for February". Gopher will change the month name automatically each month.

Gopher Support
11-28-2005, 10:41 PM
You may use the "Special Fields" in your description that will allow you to have control which date appears on the line item. Why would you do this? Say for instance you send out your bills at the end of the month for the next month's service. So you want your line item to say Monthly maintenance for March, when you are generating your invoices in February. Use the @@N special field. This will tell Gopher to put in next month's date in the line item description.

Gopher Support
11-28-2005, 10:50 PM
@@M in the description will be replaced with the current month name, @@P with the previous month name and @@N with the next month name.
The "Details" entry field allows you to enter a more in depth description about this specific item. The "Details" description will appear under "Description" line item.
Enter a price and choose if this line item is taxable or not.

Gopher Support
11-28-2005, 10:50 PM
At the end of the month when you generate your invoices, this is how your invoice will look with this auto-billing item.