PDA

View Full Version : Address Labels?

tlclismore
10-11-2005, 06:30 AM
Is ther any way to print out address lables to put on the envelopes when you are sending out the invoices?

Or even better, to print the addresses on the envelopes...

Might be something for the "Wish list" if there isn't.
Cheers,
Ross

BSDeality
10-11-2005, 07:53 AM
i used to use mail merge with excel and word, it was complicated at first, but then i got it down pat and could do my billing in a couple clicks. then i discovered that you can purchase envelopes with the dual clear windows and if you fold it right the company and clients names line up.

soooooo much faster, easier. I keep a pile of envelopes in my truck now so i can mail/leave bills right after one time jobs are complete.

tlclismore
10-12-2005, 05:38 AM
Quote[/b] (BSDeality @ Oct. 11 2005,10:53)]i used to use mail merge with excel and word, it was complicated at first, but then i got it down pat and could do my billing in a couple clicks. then i discovered that you can purchase envelopes with the dual clear windows and if you fold it right the company and clients names line up.

soooooo much faster, easier. *I keep a pile of envelopes in my truck now so i can mail/leave bills right after one time jobs are complete.
Thanks for that I just thought that it would be a program enhancement if you could use the data that you enter for each customer to print labels straight from Gopher.
I'l see if I can buy som envelopes with windows in them.
Regards,
Ross P
Total Lawn Care & Yard Maintenance
Australia

BSDeality
10-12-2005, 08:18 AM
Here is the product I purchased, standard #9 envelope. http://www.staples.com/webapp....=SEARCH (http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaplesProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&productId=10811&cmArea=SEARCH)

Gopher Support
10-12-2005, 02:43 PM
The two advantages to using the windowed envelopes are
a) you don't have to spend time matching up the envelope with the right invoice and
b) you completely eliminate the possibility of mailing a customer the wrong invoice.