PDA

View Full Version : Palm Comments

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:00 PM
Hi all,

I am starting another post here to move palm posts which aren't installation problems or are issues which have been resolved.

This should keep things from getting too cluttered and confusing.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:01 PM
Team Lawn Care, Inc.
Quote[/b] ]Good job guy's. I just downloaded it. It was very easy to install. Are there any bugs that you know of that could cause potential problems? Thanks again...

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:02 PM
Team Lawn Care, Inc.
Quote[/b] ]OK, one small problem. I know it is the Beta version but when I try to set the start and finish times it say's that I have a fatal alert and fatal exception and then it resets the entire palm device? I uninstalled it until I hear from you. Looks good though...

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:03 PM
bubenberg
Quote[/b] ]good job, let's see how it works on the job tomorrow. thank you

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:04 PM
sgerdes
Quote[/b] ]Sorry, changed names, just registered. No and yes, whenever I hotsync the PDA to the PC it will keep all of the original information on the jobs listed from the original download from the prc. file. One thing I forgot to mention is it did not ask me for the date rang for scheduled jobs to download. I went through the hotsync log and it does not have Gopher listed to retrieve information from.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:05 PM
Gopher Support
Quote[/b] ]The Gopher Palm conduit should have automatically registered when you installed the program. Try this: Click the start button, then click run and type:
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Ditech\Palm\GopherPalmConduit.dll"
Then try to hotsync again.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:05 PM
bubenburg
Quote[/b] ]windows xp refuses to to your suggestion above:
C:\Program Files\Ditech\Palm\GopherPalmConduit.dll and indicates that it will damage the dll files

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:06 PM
sgerdes
Quote[/b] ]OK, I typed in what you had asked and it did act like it was loading. I did receive a couple of errors but then I typed it in with the spaces you had in the file name. It then seemed to have loaded, no errors. I tried to sync it but nothing happened, the original 26 jobs are still there. I even restarted my computer and it still did not work.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:08 PM
Gopher Support
Quote[/b] ]
Quote (bubenberg @ July 27 2005,7:47)
windows xp refuses to to your suggestion above:
C:\Program Files\Ditech\Palm\GopherPalmConduit.dll and indicates that it will damage the dll files

Can you post the specific error you received?

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:08 PM
Gopher Support
Quote[/b] ]sgerdes,
Is your hotsync manager program running? Does the hotsync manager pop up to show the other programs that are being synched?

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:10 PM
sgerdes
Quote[/b] ]Right, my windows operating system has not been effected at all. I do have my manager and Gopher software running at the same time. I've tried it on and off. Yes, the sync does go through it's regular routine. The sync log looks perfect.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:10 PM
dogduty
Quote[/b] ]
Greetings. Got back from vacation today, downloaded palm software. First the specs:

Win98SE
PalmOne Zire31 OS Ver. 5.2.8

Steps: Downloaded program, installed, hotsynced fine.
palm shows blue circle with pen and Gopher name at top.
Tap on it and get a clear background, with Gopher at top left corner (like other palm programs)

Tried to connect with gopher running, with palm gopher running, with nothin open.. My hot sync program runs when I start it both from the palm and the PC.

Read the posts here, tried the
with and with outh the " " in it. Gave errors saying one of the library files needed to run application is missing. or somthing to that effect.

I have XP on here as well, but at this point, I'm still messin with it to see what programs I have no 98 will run or not run on XP so I prefer to use 98se for now.

Will continue to mess with palm and will check back here for answers.

Thanks.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:11 PM
Team Gopher
Quote[/b] ]
Hi dogduty,

Quote[/b] ]Gave errors saying one of the library files needed to run application is missing. or somthing to that effect.

Can you respond with what the errors were exactly, this will help us pinpoint what other files need to be included.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:12 PM
dogduty
Quote[/b] ]
I tried Start Run regsvr32
C:\Program Files\Ditech\Palm\GopherPalmConduit.dll

as was suggested in a prior post to see if it made a difference.
It gave no file name in error.

RegSvr32 LoadLibrary"'C:\Program"} Failed - one of the library files needed to run this application can not be found

Before I ran this, I did what instructions said as far as loading the software onto the PC. I double clicked on gopher.prc the program ran as it wouold with other palm software. Said at next hotsync it would upload. I did that, and when I start the gopher palm program I get blank screen on palm.

Would screen shots and photos help?

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:13 PM
Team Gopher
Quote[/b] ]Hi dogduty,

Quote[/b] ]RegSvr32 LoadLibrary"'C:\Program"} Failed - one of the library files needed to run this application can not be found

Are you sure that you had <span style='color:red'>"</span>C:\Program Files\Ditech\Palm\GopherPalmConduit.dll<span style='color:red'>"</span>

This sounds like you tried to run the file without the double quotes around the file name.

Keep us posted.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:14 PM
dogduty
Quote[/b] ]Sorry. Yes I tried with and with out " ". Here is the error with the quotes.

Regsvr32

This program has performed an illegal operation and will shut down.

REGSVR32 caused an invalid page fault in
module KERNEL32.DLL at 017f:bff9dfff.
Registers:
EAX=00000000 CS=017f EIP=bff9dfff EFLGS=00000a83
EBX=81d5b2a0 SS=0187 ESP=0056eb9c EBP=00000000
ECX=00000187 DS=0187 ESI=00000001 FS=0fff
EDX=0056ed3c ES=0187 EDI=bffca060 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
cc a1 e0 9c fc bf 8b 00 66 64 f7 05 1c 00 00 00
Stack dump:
00a90000 81d5b2e4 81d5fbf0 81d5fb88 81d5fb9c c8509d90 00000007 00000000 00000000 0056ebdc bff7b77b bff741f7 bffc9490 bff7b796 bffc9490 00000000

I hit close button and I get LoadLibrary{"C:\Program Files\Ditech\Palm\GopherPalmConduit.dll"} failed - A dinamic link
library [DLL] initialization routine failed.

Thats what I get with the qoutes, past post was with out.

This is what betas are for, it will work out soon I'm sure.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:15 PM
Dogduty
Quote[/b] ]Well either what I posted means bad news for me or you
guys are workin on it.. right? http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Just checkin http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:16 PM
Team Gopher
Quote[/b] ]Hi dogduty,

We are working on getting a new install together to install all the necessary files. Let us know if it resolves the issue once we get this on here.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:17 PM
dogduty
Quote[/b] ]All installed fine, jobs for today show up fine. Will let ya know how it goes by tonight, thanks Team!

Now a follow up question... later on will there be info such as phone numbers and account ballances? These two I bits of info I use alot.

Till later. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:18 PM
dogduty
Quote[/b] ]
I know not every one has the same thing such as OS's, palms
and problems. Pictures speak better then words, so I've made
up a page with the errors I got this morning.

http://www.dogduty.us/palm.html

I then hit reset and the palm resets its self.

The current HotSync Mg version I have is 4.1.0
I ran the Palm COM Install first, but didnt seem to update
anything that I could notice.

The jobs I had today were not in the order I wanted, Ive always
had to pen in numbers on the route sheets for my twice a week
clients that are mixed in with once a week ones but thats another post for another time maybe.

Anyways, let me know if you need more info other then
the pics.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:18 PM
sgerdes
Quote[/b] ]Good afternoon, I tried to install the update and it did not work. I then uninstalled all programs and downloaded them again. It did erase the original 26 jobs from the first download but did not list my current ones or give me a date range. I was receiving the same error dogduty is experiancing when I was playing around with the 26 origional jobs.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:19 PM
Gopher Support
Quote[/b] ]You shouldn't see the original 26 jobs. If you do it means you're running an older version of the Palm PRC file. Delete the Gopher application from your Palm (go to menu | Delete). Then download the Gopher.PRC file from http://www.getgopher.com/palmbeta/ and then double-click on it to install it onto the Palm. Please note that the GopherPalmSetup.exe file has not been updated with the latest changes. Did you follow the steps listed in the earlier post from today?

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:19 PM
sgerdes
Quote[/b] ]OK, I un-installed all of the programs and then re-installed everything including the new changes. I am still not communicating with the Gopher program. I do have the new PRC file working because the origional 26 jobs are gone. Please let me know your thoughts. thanks.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:20 PM
sgerdes
Quote[/b] ]
Just for giggles I tried to sync the palm 2 minutes after I sent the previous message and now it works?http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif? I am still receiving the fatal error like dogduty took pictures of. When I synced for the second time and it gave me another error. After I enter the date range it gives me an error that states "Unable to update database version from 19 to 20"

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:21 PM
Gopher Support
Quote[/b] ]We haven't been able to recreate the error with the start & stop times. But we'll continue to try to replicate it. Since at least two users are getting an identical error it should be relatively easy to track down.

sgerdes- Can you try to restart your computer and then hotsync again? Also, are you running v3.2.12 or higher of Gopher 2004? Is Gopher 2004 running when you hotsync? If so, try closing Gopher and then hotsync again.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:22 PM
sgerdes
Quote[/b] ]
I just updated to 3.2.13 tonight, did'nt know their was a new one. But it did not take. When I try to run the program it gives me the same error, Unable to update database version from 19 to 20. I tried to restart the computer after the 2004 update but it went back to 2003? I synced the palm with and without Gopher 2003.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:22 PM
Lawnjockey
Quote[/b] ]Can you use a Palm Treo Smartphone?

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:23 PM
Gopher Support
Quote[/b] ]
LawnJockey- We did an early test with a Treo 600 and it worked. Give it a try and let us know if it works for you.

Sgerdes- It sounds like your Gopher 2004 update isn't saving properly. Go to getgopher.com/update and right-click on the Gopher 2004 link. Then choose to save it to your desktop. Run the new Gopher 2004 icon from now on instead of Gopher 2003.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:23 PM
aperfectlawn
Quote[/b] ]
I am still having a problem with the .dll thing. My computer does not recognize it.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:24 PM
Gopher Support
Quote[/b] ]aperfectlawn- Can you be more specific? On which exact step are you encountering a problem? Did you download the latest DLL file? Did you click on the start button then run
REGSVR32 "C:\Program Files\Ditech\Palm\GopherPalmConduit.DLL"
to install the DLL?

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:24 PM
Gopher Support
Quote[/b] ]Zire 21/31 - Fatal Exception issue resolved

1) Delete the Gopher Palm app from your Palm by going to Menu | Delete, choose Gopher.
2) Right-click and save the updated gopher.prc (http://getgopher.com/palmbeta/gopher.prc) to your desktop.
3) Double-click on the new gopher.prc icon on your desktop to reinstall. Hotsync twice (once for the re-install, once for the data transfer). You can then delete the gopher.prc file from your desktop.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:25 PM
dogduty
Quote[/b] ]Did a test run, works fine now. After the test, I just reloaded Mondays jobs to clear the tests I did. A side note, I never had to mess with the 5 way button on the Zire 31 much, when I didnt see a scroll bar on the Gopher page I thought it didnt load all the jobs, I only saw 6. Silly me, just use the down button on the 5 way. Anyways, so far so good. Any other ad-ins coming later on?

Thanks. Will keep ya updated.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:26 PM
aperfectlawn
Quote[/b] ]Works fine now. I think I was leaving this part out: REGSVR32
Thanks.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:27 PM
sgerdes
Quote[/b] ]Hey guy's. It is still giving me the same error when I try to run the 2004 off of my desktop. Should I delete the 2003 first? I am still getting the same error after entering the date range.

The new PRC file works perfect. Please give me your thoughts.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:27 PM
dogduty
Quote[/b] ]Dont mean to butt in but I use to load the InterBase Guardian program buy it self cause I didnt want it running if I was not useing it, Gopher would load it anyways but when I updated Gopher, I couldnt load the interbase on its own, wouild give me errors when Gopher started up. Had to set it so the interbase was loading when windows loads and leave it alone.

This didnt happen with my past version. Not sure if this is your problem or not sgerdes but thought Id share that with ya.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:28 PM
aperfectlawn
Quote[/b] ]I am not allowed to view all of my scheduled jobs for the day. I can only view six.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:29 PM
Gopher Support
Quote[/b] ]Hi aperfectlawn,

Remember to use your up & down scroll buttons to scroll through your jobs.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:29 PM
sgerdes
Quote[/b] ]Quick question, when I sync the completed jobs from the Palm it does not immediately update my schedule and completed jobs. I have to exit Gopher and reopen it, then it takes.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:30 PM
Gopher Support
Quote[/b] ]Hi sgerdes,

Try to hotsyc with the Gopher desktop program closed.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:30 PM
dogduty
Quote[/b] ]Been using the palm program 3 days now, all workin fine so far. Also, as far as hotsync, its worked with or with out Gopher running. I even had to delete a job, re sync, and it took fine. Hope to see option for customer phone numbers, balances, and ability to delete a job off the palm. So far, I think I'm saving time on each job.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:31 PM
sgerdes
Quote[/b] ]Hey Dogduty, when you sync the Palm it takes your completed jobs off of the schedule screen? Or do you have to restart the program to show they are complete?

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:32 PM
Gopher Support
Quote[/b] ]The Gopher Palm Conduit (the program that lets the handheld software communicate with the Gopher database) is a separate program from the main Gopher program. For now you need to close and reopen Gopher in order to see the changes from the hotsync.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:32 PM
BSDeality
Quote[/b] ]OK, I know its beta but...
Yesterday afternoon i synced to upload todays work route. last night i synced my address book and just hit 'ok' on the conduit program to get it to go through (yesterdays date).

I hopped in the truck this morning to find i didn't have a work route on the palm pilot. It erased todays route since i uploaded yesterdays (all completed) afterwards.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:33 PM
dogduty
Quote[/b] ]sgerdes, it just replaceses the jobs you had there with the ones selected from the dates you enter on the next hotsync.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:33 PM
Gopher Support
Quote[/b] ]BSDeality-
Each time you hotsync, the jobs on the Palm are updated based on the hotsync date range (which defaults to today). What probably happened is that when you just clicked OK on the last hotsync, you told the Gopher Palm Conduit to transfer today's jobs to the Palm. However, since today's jobs were already marked complete, there were no jobs left to transfer.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:34 PM
Gopher Support
Quote[/b] ]A new conduit file is available that should fix most of the problems discussed here:
Download the file by clicking here.

Save the file to "C:\Program Files\Ditech\Palm\GopherPalmConduit.dll"

Then go to Start | Run and type:
Click OK.

If you're running a version of Hotsync Manager that's older than 6.0 you may have to download and run the Palm COM Installer before attempting to configure the new Gopher Palm Conduit DLL file.

Now try to Hotsync. If you see a prompt to specify a date range then that means it's working. If that doesn't happen, let us know if you get any error messages.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:38 PM
tiedeman
Quote[/b] ]ok, now what about for chemical applications? Is this a seperate screen for that for you can record the temp, wind speed, etc.?

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:38 PM
Gopher Support
Quote[/b] ]Chemical applications are not implemented in this first version of Gopher Palm module.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:39 PM
tiedeman
Quote[/b] ]but it will still have a start and end time for when I do chemical applications for customers?

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:39 PM
Gopher Support
Quote[/b] ]You can enter the start and stop time for each job in the Gopher Palm module. Therefore you can track your start and stop time for scheduled jobs with chemical applications. While the start and stop time fields refer to the job as a whole, you can use them however you wish (i.e. marking the start and stop time only when you perform the chemical application).

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:40 PM
c.o.
Quote[/b] ]i hate computers... hate 'em.. and the less i gotta sit in front of them the better. now with your palm things got even easier for me. thanks gopher dudes...

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:41 PM
dogduty
Quote[/b] ]If I may ask, what was different from the beta version befor September and the one that is now available, to take us into Octorber? Unless I missed somthing, it looks the same as it did frist time.

BTW, still working good, just wish I could move postponed jobs around either in the palm or Gopher it self to reflect my route when printing.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:43 PM
big bip
Quote[/b] ]I'm trying to download the new palm software. An error message pops up while trying to download the new software and won't instal on my desktop. I'm using windows xp..."Error 1323. The path Con contains words that are not valid in folders." Thanks

Steve
Gopher Support
Quote[/b] ]We've heard from a few users who have gotten this message and are trying to pinpoint the source. Are you running XP home or professional edition? Can you go to My Computer | Help | About Windows and let us know the version number and which service pack you have installed? Thanks.

Steve
big bip Quote[/b] ]I am running XP Professional version 5.1 Service Pack 2... http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Gopher Support
Quote[/b] ]We're still trying to recreate the error you're getting. Hopefully we'll be able to resolve it quickly.

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:45 PM
any new news on error 1323
Quote[/b] ]
i am running windows xp pro also

vance

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:47 PM
Gopher Support
Quote[/b] ]
We haven't been able to recreate the 1323 error. But you can install the Gopher Palm module manually to avoid the error. Here's how:
manual installation of Palm module (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=2;t=1573)

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:48 PM
Glenn
Quote[/b] ]I finally got it installed manually. I think if you are going to charge $99 for this im going to try another piece of software. This is the bare minimum ( I mean could the software do any less?) You should be able to postpone jobdates, Check totals owed, Look at last dates of service. It is not really a suprise to me that after spending $200 yesterday for a PDA the software is so thin its not worth having. Even your main software needs major improvement. It looks to me as if you have done 3 updates this whole year and even they are very minor as a matter of fact they did nothing for me. Its seems that you totally ignore the wish list. Please start to fine tune this program

Steve
10-10-2005, 02:50 PM
Team Gopher
Quote[/b] ]
Glenn, we will continue to work on upgrading the software. The palm is what it is right now. We do plan on expanding it's capabilities further in the future.