PDA

View Full Version : Brand new update

Steve
07-05-2005, 04:18 PM
We have a brand new update available that sends data directly from Gopher to Quickbooks without using the IIF file. This requires Quickbooks Pro 2004 or newer. Please make sure you have the latest Gopher version and also download and run the QBFC installer from http://www.getgopher.com/qb . Then follow these instructions:

1) Make a backup of your Gopher AND QB files before using the new interface!
2) Run Quickbooks and open your company file.
3) File | QuickBooks Link | Synchronize with Quickbooks
4) Tax Codes | Search/Add "TAX" and "NON" sales tax codes (if you don't have them define already
5) Tax Region | Update Tax Regions
6) QB Pay Terms | Update Terms
7a) QB Customer | Import/Update All Customers
7b) QB Customer | Export Customers to QB
8) QB Invoice | Create Default Items
9) QB Invoice | Export Invoices (set a date range or else all invoices will be exported)
10) QB Payment | You can either import payments from QB->Gopher or export payments from Gopher->QB

You must make sure that the Tax Regions in Gopher have a corresponding region in QB. The Region ID in Gopher must match up with the "Tax Name" in QB. This has to be done before you attempt to "Update Tax Regions".

After you do this procedure once, you shouldn't have to update the Tax Codes, Tax Regions or Pay Terms in the future. Step 8 (QB Invoice | Create Default Items) only needs to be done the first time. But you will want to update the Customer list before exporting data (depending on which program you add your customers to).

The user interface will eventually be streamlined into a single screen. This is just a development test interface.

Steve
07-05-2005, 04:20 PM
We have a few users already using this new update.

Please let us know your thoughts!

Thank you.

precision
07-08-2005, 04:47 PM
Thank you for coming out with this update Gopher. I have been waiting for this for a while now. I followed your instructions through step 4 and am having a problem proceeding. When I try to search/add tax codes I get the following error message "The version of QBXML that was requested is not supported or is unknown". Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Steve
07-08-2005, 05:11 PM
Hi precision,

Which version of Quick Books are you using?

Did you download and run the QBFC installer from http://www.getgopher.com/qb ?

precision
07-08-2005, 08:47 PM
Gopher,
I am using QuickBooks Pro 2003 with the most recent updates installed.

Yes. QBFC was downloaded and installed. I even uninstalled and reinstalled QBFC and I'm still having the same problem.

hoghunter
07-09-2005, 12:11 AM
Will this work with Contractor 2003?

Steve
07-09-2005, 11:34 AM
Here is a new update that will support back to Quickbooks 2003 Pro.

Download it from here (http://www.gophersoftware.com/index.cgi?page=download)

Let us know how it works.

precision
07-09-2005, 10:23 PM
Thank you Gopher. This is working much better now. I am still receiving a couple of errors but I believe they are caused from my mistakes. When I try to import customers from QB I get "Invalid Integer". When I try to export customers to QB I get the following error "Customer Add Name: Required Field is missing End of Customer Add".
Thanks again. You made a great software program even better with this update.