PDA

View Full Version : Tax Question

ZoysiaMan
07-02-2005, 04:49 PM
Tax Question regarding Mulch....

I am demoing the Gopher2003 software and find it to be excellent so far. Did my first test invoice in about 5 minutes.

I am now living in South Carolina where the tax rate is 6%. I am just getting started here after having a business in Vermont.

If I understand correctly SC does not require me to charge customers tax on labor but does on materials.

I want to charge the appropriate tax on mulch jobs but don't know exactly how to go about it.

I install mulch at $50 yard installed. I have it done by a subcontractor with a blower.

How do I charge the tax on the materials without charging the tax on labor without revealing what I consider to be material cost to labor percent since I am paying someone else a lower rate for their blower service.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense. I just woke up from a nap.

Steve
07-03-2005, 09:58 AM
Hi ZoysiaMan,

I don't know how your state wants you to handle this. When you do find out how your state wants you to handle this, we can help you use Gopher to do this.

What you might want to do is contact our CPA with the form here (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=1296) and ask them. They should be able to give you a response to this.