PDA

View Full Version : importing invoices to quickbooks pro

03-17-2005, 12:58 PM
Greetings ,
I'm trying to get gopher to import generated invoices into quickbooks pro. First, when i import the data into quickbooks, quickbooks gives me tons of error messages specifically "Error on line 1. You can't change the type of a name or add duplicate name." This happens upto line 443. The messages do skip some "lines" every now and again. So i don't have to hit the OK button 443 times. I have manipulated the imported data from quickbooks in gopher. Second, these new invoices in quickbooks are all messed up. Only the company name (shoes up twice on the name line and address line) and city,state zip shows up in the "bill to" quickbook invoice. Third, why can't gopher import the specific sevices with details and times into the quickbook invoice? This would be greatly needed since i like to email some invoices and this is already set up in quickbooks. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif

Gopher Support
03-18-2005, 05:08 AM
The current interface that we use to communicate with Quickbooks is the IIF format. QB is very picky when it comes to reading data in the IIF file. The error you mentioned could have come from a change that was made to the customer record in Gopher after it was imported from QB.

We are in the process right now of overhauling our QB link to use a newer and more rigid interface. We plan to have this ready to use by next month.

big bip
03-18-2005, 11:45 AM
I did change the imported customer database from quickbooks once it got into gopher, then reimported back to quickbooks for invoicing. Is your fix going to change the other items mentioned? thanks for the quick response...

Steve
03-18-2005, 12:39 PM
Hi big bip,

Quote[/b] ]Is your fix going to change the other items mentioned?

Yes it will.

precision
06-08-2005, 06:38 PM
I am having this same problem and wanted to see if a fix has been created yet.

Gopher Support
06-11-2005, 09:41 PM
We are almost done with our new XML interface for QuickBooks. There are a few issues we're resolving in terms of syncing up the item lists. But the rest of it works. We'll let everyone know as soon as it's available for downloading.