PDA

View Full Version : customer catagories

04-23-2005, 12:35 AM
http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif Hello Gopher,
I would like to know if I can separate my customers to different files or sections so that when I have a potential customer I can enter their info and do an estimate but not put them in my "customer" section. Or another example if I lost a customer and wanted to keep their info but did not want them cluttering up my customer page i could move them to here??? Hope this makes sense thanks.

Steve
04-23-2005, 03:03 PM
Hi RSLS,

The main purpose of the Customer Categories right now in Gopher is to allow you to choose the different groups you would like to generate invoices for. For example you can set up a weekly billing group and a monthly billing group.
You can also choose to make customers active or inactive. If you make them inactive,you can then choose to not display them in your cusomer list.
Does this help?

RSLS
04-23-2005, 09:33 PM
yes and no... if you have customers that are off and on or seasonal and you choose to have them inactive they will also disappear. I am just looking at it from two different stand points. 1) when looking at the customer list i want to see only my customers 2) when looking at it from an advertising point of view i want to see my potential customers not mixed with active customers and if i have given them any estimates in the past. Maybe i am being too picky but you can catagorize by billing i just thot you might be able to catagorize by status. Maybe good for the next edition if more people like this idea. thanks for the feedback.

Steve
04-25-2005, 12:59 PM
Hi RSLS,

Quote[/b] ]if you have customers that are off and on or seasonal and you choose to have them inactive they will also disappear.

If you make them inactive and choose to hide inactive customers from your list, those customers won't appear.