PDA

View Full Version : Gopher Palm Intro

Steve
04-08-2005, 10:50 AM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you all again for all your support and requests for the Gopher Palm. Here is the basics of it. We are just wrapping up a few things before we release it but here is a sneak peak at how it will initially work.

Steve
04-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Step 1. You will be able to review your scheduled jobs. Click on a customer to expand their information.

Steve
04-08-2005, 10:54 AM
Step 2. More customer information is available on this scren. You will be able to mark the Start Time of the job by clicking on the Start Button.

Steve
04-08-2005, 10:56 AM
Step 3. You can choose the current time or edit the time with the arrows and AM PM buttons.

Steve
04-08-2005, 11:00 AM
Step 4. After you have marked your Start and Finish times, you can also expand each individual field. By clicking on the customer's name a new window will open to show any further data available.

Steve
04-08-2005, 11:02 AM
Step 5. Do you need to see more of the directions? Click on the direction's field.

Steve
04-08-2005, 11:05 AM
Step 6. A directions window will appear to show further detail. Click the Done button when finished reading.

bubenberg
04-08-2005, 11:07 AM
[B]I AM READY,
WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY, HOW?

tHAT IS GREAT!~

Steve
04-08-2005, 11:07 AM
Step 7. Check the Complete box to mark the job completed.

Steve
04-08-2005, 11:10 AM
Step 8. You can also check the box to the left of the customer name to mark the jobs complete more quickly.

bubenberg
04-08-2005, 11:13 AM
[B]I AM READY,
WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY, HOW?

tHAT IS GREAT!~

Steve
04-08-2005, 11:15 AM
Here is a video training movie link (http://www.gophersoftware.com/training/palm-intro.htm) you can review.

Steve
04-08-2005, 11:17 AM
Hi bubenberg,

Thanks for the excitement. We are very excited too.

We just need to finish a few more things up and we will post a test version on the forum here. I wanted to show to you the functionality of it as soon as I could.

Yardman1
04-08-2005, 04:19 PM
Sold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please let me know when it is ready...

AZTLANLC
04-09-2005, 12:55 PM
Why would I have to mark completed even after I input my star and finish times? (double entry) I can see the need for that box, but maybe become self mark after I choose the start and finish time.
Is there any place to input how many workers were at the property or even better whom, which equipment was used materials, etc.
Specially materials cause when you apply fertilizer sometimes you really don't know if you'll have to apply other chemicals.
What about any extra services like pulling weeds while there?.
It's my customer database going to be on the palm? like balance, last service date, last payment received, last invoice send. Adress, phone#, etc. with some level of security (you don't want your foreman to know how much she owes you or pays).
Am I going to be able to create an invoice at site, lets say for example if I did schedule a job but I'll be charging by the time it takes, then send the information via IR to a portable printer and voila I'd save an postage stamps and envelope + get paid faster.
What about the ability to get paid by credit card?
Is the matrix also goint to be integrated in the program?
What about the start and finish time for the day to keep track of employees and also get a report of winshield time.
Yeah ! lets say pedro, john and Ira are my crew but pedro didn't show up for work, so John my former inputs that into the palm at the very star of the day, then they change blades, fill up at the gas station and get a cup of cofee, so they star working at Mrs. Jones at 8:30 am finish at 9:43am then drive for 5 minutes and start the second account, etc, etc, finish the last property at 5:00 pm so they go to the shop and leave at 5:25 and enter the finish time, (palm has to stay at the shop every day)
So now you know what time they started, and finish, how long each property takes, and how much winshield time is involved.
Then gopher would accumulate all this information and eventually make the propgram smarter to know the average time a property has to take which would be usually the first cut, and sends alerts to you and to the palm when a property is taking longer than what it should take, something like this "Your best time for this property is 35min with pedro, Ira and John" that way you can correct problem before they get bigger.
If a good former know this they will also try to take less time drinking coffee, making stops and all that or at least they aware that you know this.

What about the option to record weather conditions, this will be required in all states sometime in the near future by DEC.

What about alerts if for some reason I forget to perform a job.
(maybe after clicking the finish time for the day).

input new customers information, like increase price, due to extending turf area, a discount, etc but have that information password protected.

and I have another 100 suggestions.

So please don't tell me that all your program does it's what it's shown in the training movie.

bubenberg
04-10-2005, 05:48 AM
Congratulation Gopher Team, i can't hardly wait, what a time saver. When you have as many different things as Nestor and i have to do each day with a janitorial and a landscaping/lawn care business this palm program will/is a great tool, as it is.

AZTLANLC,
Why don't you quit while you are ahead. For a while your critical statements about this palm program, were, intelligent, enticing to get the programmers going and welcome by me and my partner ... but your last post STINKS.

This program, as it is, will be a very important part of your daily (excuse me ours too) routine which you no longer have to do:

1. print out a routing sheet
2. Upon completion you had to go to your pc to mark all the completed jobs for a job, day etc
(here is where you have all the details of:who, what, when, where and how if you wrote up your job correctly).
3. I guess you just have a few properties and you want the palm to go out and do your work while you collect your dividends.
4. Us, that we have allot of different things to do each day are welcoming this great change of making an impute once
5. To know how long it took and how long the travel time was between jobs is a GREAT TOOL. But you will have to do a little analysis, oh poor head!
6. Oh, you forget a toilet paper dispenser, would that not come in handy?
7. You should have asked for a back scratcher extension, but sorry that will be in the first update of the palm program, Guy! http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif

AZTLANLC
04-11-2005, 07:17 PM
I do this for living and have many customers and offer many services that's where the need for all this things come into place, #### I don't even charge by the cut I charge by the year I only keep track of my times, but I can see where this software if ever released would help other companies or those that offer only one service, now realize that that's what gopher is targeting, they could have the best program out there if they would just focus on it, and instead of lowering the price they could raise it up 3 times, but hey! then some companies could not afford it.
When I bough gopher I did it cause it was easy to use not for price, also the promise and wonderful idea of the palm + this forum where you could post all your ideas the whole concept was a winner, customer service, talent, willingness to expand the program and actually ask people who really do this for a living about their wishes, the palm software (not released yet)that will do nothing for my business (if what it was shown, is all it does) if this program fits your company and needs good for you, but don't expect me to agreed.

I don't play the PC game in any venue, nor do I intentionally try to bend anyones nose. I do believe in free speach, further I have no problems with anything that I say, so if someone is offended, by something I said, it is not my problem, it is their problem.

hoghunter
04-11-2005, 09:46 PM
I still son't see why the software both pc and palm cannot automatically figure that the drive time should/will be the time you finished that last job to the time you start the next job. the only time it will not work is for lunch and your two daily breaks per day required by law. But then you could tell it that these were break times.

hoghunter
04-11-2005, 09:50 PM
Oh - I forgot that I would still like it to be able to use an attached scanner to read the bar codes. to me this would be much faster each day to just scan a barcode for the start time and a barcode for the finish time.

I still would want to use both pda and paper forms for a complete paper trail. Have the paper for just the barcodes for each client and use the same barcodes each time you mow. Then they could be laminated.

Now all of thiese would be if I still used a palm. need now to write a version for mobile windows pda users.

b&b landscaping
04-11-2005, 10:26 PM
Well AZTLANLC I have owned my LCO for 3 years and service 100+ properties both commercial and residential. Two very important things that I have learned are too have as little paperwork as possible (bit to still be organized) and to save time doing it. See, before buying the GOPHER program this past Jan., I used Quickbooks. A good "general" program but not exactly what an LCO needs. It has all the graphs and makes closing the books and compiling tax info easy.But before GOPHER I had to build a schedule sheet for the day, and keep them until the end of the month to invoice all the clients. These schedule sheets were a nightmare to edit. A big pain in the a**. The fact that I can print out a schedule sheet that is easy to munipulate that morning ,if needed, saves me a bunch of time. Keeping track of completed jobs by clicking my mouse is a time saver. GOPHER has made invoicing at the end of the month go so smooth that I no longer dread it. It used to take me 3 to 4 hours at the end of the day to do it. Now for a few hundred bucks, I don't know anything that has saved me more time, other than say my lawnmower. Now I'm not a jack of all trades, but I do offer my client's the usual LCO services (mow, blow, rake, trim tree's and bushes, gravel/sod/sprinkler install, clean-ups, herbacide/pre emergent application). I think that if the palm software can tell me where to go, what to do, how long it took, and where to go nextit would help me[/B][U] out a bunch! Hopefully all I have too do is plug in my palm let it and my PC do there computer thing and than pick it back up in the morning. If it could do that, it would be a godsend!!! Hey Gopher, you keep doing what you do best, offering a great product at a CHEAP price and answering my Q's with the quickness! GOPHER ROCKS!!!! http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif One more thing GOPHER, can you add spell check to the palm software? http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif