PDA

View Full Version : problem with update

dogduty
03-15-2005, 06:33 PM
Greetings, happend to see this update, Gopher 2004 version 3.2.9.. and downloaded it. I made a back up of my current version, 3.2.7 befor I copied the new one over. Afrter I replaced the 327 with 329 ver, I when to start it, and I had an error. Had to restart computer. Tried it again, worked fine.. like the option to save to a pdf file. I went to open it again, and had following error, like I did first time. Could not open program again after this, had to replace update with old original 2004 version.

Error:

Application Error
Exception EAccessViolation in module GOPHER2004.EXE at
0005380D

Access Violation at address 0045380D GOPHER2004.EXE
read of address FFFFFFFF

Just wondering if anyone else had problems or if you guys know about this possiblely?

Thanks.

Gopher Support
03-16-2005, 11:50 PM
Can you try downloading the gopher2004.exe file again? Perhaps there is a problem with the actual downloaded file.

dogduty
03-17-2005, 04:16 PM
Thanks, I'll give that a try

dogduty
03-21-2005, 01:36 PM
Ok, downloading version 3.2.9 again, made backup of original 2004 version, copy/pasted the update.. same errors as befor. Not sure what problem is but if updates arent much, I'll stay with what I have. The PDF option would of been nice though.

Thanks.

Steve
03-21-2005, 02:14 PM
Hi dogduty,

When you get a chance, call us here at (888)606-5150 and we will try to figure out what is going on with that error.

dogduty
03-23-2005, 04:38 PM
About an hour ago, I called the number you gave me. Sorry but forgot his name. Anyways, with his help in pointing to a possible fix for this I found out that it was the InterBase Guardian which was part of the problem, at least it seems to me anyways.

With version 3.2.7, I was able to start Gopher with out having the IB already running. I don't like stuff running that I dont need all the time. Gopher would load the InterBase for me with no problems. Well, for me, what I found the problem with the update was that with out IB running befor Gopher started, (ver 3.2.9), I would get the errors and have to hit the reset button. With IB running, and then starting Gopher 3.2.9, it starts just fine.

Older version: runs with out IB running first.
newer verison: needs IB running befor Gopher does.

This is how it seems to me. So I just will have to create an icon to run IB first unless you guys have another idea.

So, to the gentleman who helped me, thanks. WIth your suggestions, this got solved.

Steve
03-24-2005, 02:37 PM
Hi dogduty,

Great! I am happy to see this was resolved and thanks for posting what you did to fix it for others to see and benefit from.