PDA

View Full Version : 60-30-10 Rule

Steve
05-13-2004, 05:05 PM
If you are sending out advertising mailers remember the 60-30-10 rule. 60% of success in direct mailing lies in using the right mailing list, 30% depends on making the right offer, and 10% depends upon your creative package.

Read The Guerrilla Marketing Handbook for more marketing facts.

Steve
05-14-2004, 04:03 PM
An error we see happen from time to time in the Green indusry is when a company creates a great looking door hanger that is visually appealing and then decides to hang them at houses with messy yards or unkept lawns.
The logic behind this is that these households need a lawn care professional the most because their yard is so bad. However what we find is that the yards that are unkept are that way for a reason. That reasons seems to be either they don't care about the way their lawn looks or they can't afford it.
So now if we use the 60-30-10 rule we see that we have just lost out on the 60% battle by distributing the door hangers to households that don't need these services.
What are some other ways that your direct marketing worked or failed?

jwingfield2k
06-12-2004, 02:53 AM
I used to use an 8x11 flier for each house and have it printed on green paper.

Now I use regular white paper and put 3 fliers to a page.

1/3 of the cost, and no extra color charge. Knocking on doors (depending on the areas solicitation rules helps alot).

When approaching a possible customer, always ask them questions that do not end with a yes/no answer. It will make it harder for them to say no to you.

Steve
06-15-2004, 02:58 PM
Hi jwingfield2k,

Those are some great tips I hope others can use as well.