PDA

View Full Version : Gopher and QuickBooks pro

Soupy
01-04-2005, 04:41 PM
I am curious to what bugs QuickBooks users have run into when exporting using Gopher Pro?

I am taking the long route and I am just getting to exporting all info to QuickBooks Pro 2000 (I know I need to upgrade). I then have the fun task of entering all my receipts etc.

The first thing I noticed was QuickBooks does not show the paid invoices. What else do I need to look for?

Soupy
01-04-2005, 09:45 PM
OK, QuickBooks is showing all paid invoices (from Gopher) as un-deposited funds. But it isn't showing the invoices as paid. When I go into the customer summary the balances and payments are correct.

What should I do about these paid invoices that are shown as un-paid invoices?

Soupy
01-04-2005, 11:37 PM
I found out why the invoices are not being marked as paid. This is what one of the guys from QuickBooks forum said.

Quote[/b] ]The fact that the Invoices are not being marked as paid confirms that they are using IIF files. It does not have the ability to mark invoices as paid. They are obviously also posting all the Payments to Undeposited Funds. They have taken the easy (and the lazy) way of posting transactions. They do this so that they can provide a generic file that will go into anyone's QuickBooks data file. You will always have to open the payment and apply the payments to Invoices, as well as go to Undeposited Funds and move the money into the correct Bank Account.
What they are doing is correct - to a point. But it then makes you go and do extra work to finish the transactions.
The new xml-based developers kit allows payments to be applied to Invoices. But it is unlikely that they will quickly upgrade to xml, as their is a steep learning curve.
What happens when you get paid by credit card?

Gopher, do you plan on fixing this soon?

Soupy
01-05-2005, 04:47 AM
OK. I found another problem. The Gopher file tells QuickBooks that all invoices need to be printed. I can understand that some people would want to print these invoices, but they can do that on their own. I don't think the guys that print from Gopher should have to go in and un-check the print tab to each invoice.

The QuickBooks genius that has helped me through all this says "In the Header line there is a field "TOPRINT". If you do not need to print Invoices from QuickBooks, it needs to be "N" but is obviously currently "Y"."

I wish Gopher would change to xml. files which would make everything 100% compatible.

Steve
01-07-2005, 01:03 PM
Hi Soupy,

Quote[/b] ]I wish Gopher would change to xml. files which would make everything 100% compatible.

Thank you for your feedback. This is something we intend to improve upon with future updates of Gopher.