PDA

View Full Version : Next Update is when?

mowerjockey
11-30-2004, 10:14 AM
When is the next update? *I have discovered another problem with Gopherís failure to correctly use the Initial Balance. *The Customer Account History is confusing because it does not show the initial balance.

Several essential tools for any small business are not available using Gopher _without_ Quick Books. *Knowing how much we are owed, who owes us, and a concise report for discussing this with customers is absolutely key to cash flow. *And you haven't run a small business if you don't know exactly how important that is.

Quite frankly, had I known that these reports would not be accurate without the use of Quick Books I would _not_ have purchased the program. I am very disappointed that this what not emphasized enough. *

As discussed earlier by Richard, the use of the employee report is a key item in determining crew productivity. *While not as critical as the Initial Balance, it would be a nice fix.

I am impressed with the scheduling flexibility, and the flexibility in job assignment. *However, no matter how well you schedule your people, how efficiently you get them to the right job at the right time, It is all for naught if you canít get paid for your work in a timely manner.

MJ

Steve
11-30-2004, 11:18 AM
Hi mowerjockey,

We are working on the next update right now. Here is an idea that could be done while this is finished up. For each customer that started with an initial balance remove their intial balance and create an invoice with a line item that says previous balance. Make that invoice's date the earliest of all your invoices for that customer. Your customer account history report will then reflect that dollar figure.

This should resolve the immediate problem and allow you to move forward as we expand the program to take this into account.

mowerjockey
12-01-2004, 08:02 AM
::sigh:: well, I guess that will have to do. I bit time consuming with 200 customers http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif

Perhaps, until you fix that, you should put that into "Getting Started"? That way new customer's will not experiance the same frustration.

Steve
12-01-2004, 12:52 PM
Hi mowerjockey,

I am glad this was able to help. Yes you are correct with the getting started section. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.