PDA

View Full Version : Suitability of Gopher for use outside of US

10-04-2004, 05:57 PM
Do you have any users of Gopher outside of the US ?.

I am looking for a package for use at our small landscape maintenance company in the UK.

Having downloaded the trail version and played about with it, the software seems good for international use, except for a few places where you seem to hard code the currency symbol to $. In most places it seems to use the symbol defined within the regional settings in windows.

Any other guidance from your experience while evaluating ??

We have NOTHING so comprehensive and focussed on our type of business available in Europe.

Please make my day !!! http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

Steve
10-05-2004, 11:35 AM
Hi GaryRK,

Quote[/b] ]the software seems good for international use,
Thank you!

Quote[/b] ] except for a few places where you seem to hard code the currency symbol to $
Let us know where you find them hard coded and we will get that changed in an update.

10-06-2004, 06:15 PM
Hi, thanks for the initial response.

I noted two places. One place you see the USD $ hard coded is on the payment box on the 'tear-off' payment advice on the bottom of the invoice. I am struggling to find the 2nd place from my notes.
I'll post again when I find it.

Do most of your users interface to Quick books to run their full accounts ?

Are there any other links to accounts packages available or being developed ?. Quick Books is beginning to gain creditability in the UK, but others have a more dominant position.

Regards, GaryRK

Steve
10-06-2004, 10:05 PM
Hi GaryRK,

Quote[/b] ]I'll post again when I find it.
Please let us know what you find and thank you.

Quote[/b] ]Do most of your users interface to Quick books to run their full accounts
Yes they do.

Quote[/b] ]Are there any other links to accounts packages available or being developed ?
Right now it is just Quickbooks.

alpine692003
10-14-2004, 02:05 AM
Im using it in Canada right now