PDA

View Full Version : Route Example

Steve
09-10-2004, 09:09 AM
Here is an example of creating two routes. One for each section of a town served.

The below image shows the two routes.

Steve
09-10-2004, 09:12 AM
When you create a new route you will see the example window below appear.

Bring the customers for this specific route from the bottom "All Other Properties" window up to the "Current Route - Property Listing" window. You can do this using the red arrow buttons or drag and drop them.

You can quickly see by the color coding (green, yellow or red) if that property is already assigned to another route or not.

Steve
09-10-2004, 09:15 AM
When you have moved all the customers that are going to be serviced in this route, into this route, order them geographically as if you are going to create the easiest path to service one after the other. You can do this by using the First, Prior, Next or Last buttons. Or you can drag and drop them.

alpine692003
09-28-2004, 08:52 PM
Yes, I like the route system but how do you schedule them into your "SCHEDULING JOBS" dates? I can't seem to schedule the routes.. I've created 3 different routes, but when I "add a job to the schedule on the left menu icon" I can't seem to add the route customers, but I have to instead ENTER individual customers!

Steve
09-29-2004, 07:57 AM
Hi alpine692003,

You are correct. When you schedule jobs, you are scheduling each specific job at a time. The alternative to this is creating job clusters where you can schedule a group of customers at once. Read more about that here. (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=2;t=908;r=1)