PDA

View Full Version : New to board and question

dogduty
04-14-2004, 07:05 AM
Greetings.

I heard about this software from another site and downloaded it to see if it would fit my needs. It does. I own a "dog waste manigment" buisness. Yep, I scoop poop!

This software will do well for what I need and plan to purches it once I see how it does my monthly billing / invoices.

My question is this. It loads this InterBase program which I found out needs to run while Gopher is running. However, is there a way to have it shutdown when I close Gopher with out me doing it manualy from the task bar? I use Win 98SE if this helps.

Thank you!

Steve
04-14-2004, 07:54 AM
Hi dogduty,

Welcome! Interbase is Gopher's database engine. It is needed for Gopher to operate. Currently Gopher does not shut down Interbase when it is closed in order to have it ready for a speedy Gopher load up. If you don't want it to run you can always close it just as you have mentioned. Let us know if you have further comments or questions and thank you.

AZTLANLC
04-15-2004, 07:00 PM
You can also create a small dos program to open up gopher, and then close interbase when you close it, then make a backup of the program.