PDA

View Full Version : Gopher Palm Support?

BSDeality
06-04-2003, 05:23 PM
I've been absolutely thrilled so far with my gopher2003 demo and am definitely buying it when my trial is up. That being said, i'm also interested in the PALM module when its released. I don't currently have a palm but have been lookin @ a m515 on ebay. Would this be a good unit to use in conjunction with the module for gopher when its released? Also, I'd be interested in being a BETA tester for the palm module if you'd like, I've helped develop a few programs. (by testing, not coding)

Thanks Very Much
-BSDeality

Gopher Tech
06-04-2003, 11:25 PM
Thanks for your feedback! Right now we know that the palm software will be running on a handheld with Palm O.S. Other than that it will be tough for sure to say what the requirements will be until the software is completed.
As soon as we have something that is available for trial usage, we will post it on the Gopher News forum to keep you up to date and then we will look forward to your feedback!
Thanks again!

BSDeality
06-10-2003, 07:29 PM
Well, i just bought a Palm Tungsten T today, I hope you guys are working hard at that software http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif I'd love to see something real soon. Keep us updated!

Lawn Magic
06-11-2003, 01:28 PM
Congrats on your new toy. Would like to here more about your experiences with the Palm. I am using a different OS. Pocket PC 2003. I've found that the software availablity is catching up fast to the Palm, and hope Gopher will also support this OS. I am now using Quiken for personal expense on my IPAQ, it is available for the Palm at www.landware.com,if you are interested. Quickbooks for the Palm just came out and will be available for the Pocket PC next month**called PocketBooks. You can find this at:www.pgsoftinc.com. So far what I paid for my software and hardware for this handheld I consider as first semester tuition. Hopefully, what I learn will get me ready to realize the potential of it and make my life alot easier. My experience with Pocket Quicken so far gives me a lot of hope for the rest. It takes just a couple of seconds to enter a receipt and I can throw it out unless it is needed for taxes or is for an asset or something else I need to keep.

BSDeality
06-12-2003, 09:22 PM
i like it so far. nice 320x320 color screen, phone/address book, calculator, expense sheets,notepad and if another person has a similar model i can "beam" things to it wirelessly, like my business card or photo's. It's really kick ***!

it's also got photo album software that i plan on using as a POP sales tool. I can load up landscaping pictures, mowing, mulch shots, etc and show the potential customer my work. I bought this based 90% on the release of the gopher software and 10% for my school work in the fall.

Lawn Magic
06-12-2003, 10:13 PM
I really like your idea about using it for marketing. I'm even embarrased to admit I had not thought of such a use**and I am a BIG one on marketing to the customer. Really shows the value of a forum like this**-Thanks Gopher!! and thanks for the idea BSDealty!!! Let me know the best way to get quality pics in your PDA (hmmm another idea..plants, shrubs and WEEDS), Tom

(by the way, the IPAQ 5450 is pretty nifty as well, but I will leave that there, as not to distract from your excitement about your new Palm. Gopher will eventually support both, anyway...hint, hint)

BSDeality
06-13-2003, 04:01 PM
right now i capture them on my KODAK DC280x digital camera then put them on my laptop and run them through the PDA software that resizes them to 320x320. this way i can say "if you want to see much higher quality and larger pictures I'll be glad to email or print some for you" I can get a camera that takes 640x400 (i think) pictures that will attach directly to my PDA.

I can't wait for the PDA version of gopher either (start subliminal message: i reaaaaaaaaalllly want gopher on my PDA: end subliminal message) http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Steve
06-13-2003, 05:02 PM
I turned on attached file option for this forum so now you can attach your files to your posts. Try it with your image if you would like to share it with everyone http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

BSDeality
06-29-2003, 11:01 PM
* BUMP *

any word on the palm software?

Gopher Tech
06-30-2003, 09:17 AM
Hi BSDeality,

Thanks for your interest in the palm software. It is still being worked on. As soon as it is available for download, we will post the updated news information in the Gopher News forum.

Thank you again.

Turfscape
06-30-2003, 10:42 PM
I am really looking forward to using this!

hoghunter
09-09-2003, 10:09 PM
I have a palm powered pda made by Symbol that has a built in bar code reader. Will this work on your version for reading the bar codes and updating when docked?

Gopher Tech
09-10-2003, 08:20 PM
Hi Hoghunter,

Right now that won't work because we don't have the software set up to do that. However, having that device will be helpful in the future when we set the software up to do that as well as use it for inventory of your stock and maintenance on your equipment.

hoghunter
09-10-2003, 08:48 PM
when do you think that will be a possiblity?

I have this PDA and would love to use your software, but would like to see this work or have a good idea as to when before I purchase.

thanks

Gopher Tech
09-10-2003, 09:06 PM
Hi Hoghunter,

I think this is a great idea and I am sure it will work the way you want it to in the future. We didn't take this into account in our first software design for the palm. Because of that it wont be in the first release of the palm software. However you will be able to use your palm with our software as long as it runs palm OS. I really appreciate your forward thinking with this and it helps with future software design upgrades!

hoghunter
09-10-2003, 09:12 PM
It's not me with the forward thingking, it's my wife. Her company, TicketMastr, uses these to scan barcodes on tickets as you go into a game or concert or any venue that maybe using this new system they have for catching fake tickets.

They gave her one and I've just taken control of the PDA. I love the idea of the built in barcode reader, no typing just scan and go.

Gopher Tech
09-10-2003, 09:20 PM
Well thank you to your wife for the forward thinking as well. We appreciate all of your thoughts. If she has more insight into how we can help streamline your business please let us know. We are here to serve you and your company.

Tandem
09-23-2003, 09:54 PM
will the palm replace the daily job print outs? is that the point of it? or will it do other things?

hoghunter
09-23-2003, 10:07 PM
that's what I'm hoping it will do.

Gopher Tech
09-24-2003, 08:08 PM
Yes the palm will have your daily schedule. It will make job costing so much easier because it will allow you to keep accurate record of when you start a job and finish.

wojo23323
10-18-2003, 08:22 PM
Will you be able to see all jobs scheduled in the future or will you just be able to see your daily schedule? I would be able to look at my palm and be able to schedule a job for next week, instead of going back to the office to check the computer to see if I have an opening that day.

Gopher Tech
10-18-2003, 10:40 PM
Hi Wojo23323,

Thank you for the idea! Ultimately we can make the software do what ever it is you need it to do. We appreciate you sharing your input with us. Keep us posted of your ideas on how we can improve!

Yardman1
11-19-2003, 09:58 PM
Any idea when the palm software will be ready and how much will it cost.

Gopher Tech
11-20-2003, 11:42 AM
Hi Yardman,

We are working on it now and trying to get it out for the end of the year. There is no price set yet but we want to make it affordable enough where everyone that uses Gopher can buy it.

Yardman1
11-20-2003, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the info on the palm software. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Yardman1
12-10-2003, 08:53 PM
Well, it's getting close to the end of the year... http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

wojo23323
12-23-2003, 07:11 AM
8 days to go. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

Yardman1
12-23-2003, 06:11 PM
the clock is ticking

Yardman1
12-28-2003, 03:24 PM
YOu got till wed. night at 11:59 to show us the new stuff. hahahah http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

bubenberg
01-01-2004, 09:32 AM
this is what i get when only reading the replies of my own crap .... i have been posting and asking under the wish list the same you have here http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif LET"S GO TEAM GOPHER THE NEW YEAR IS HERE ... Yahoooooooo

turfboy
01-02-2004, 08:25 PM
http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif

This board is so HOT not even the gopher techs will touch it....

OUCH....

Gopher Tech
01-03-2004, 05:53 PM
Thank you all for your interest in the Palm update. We are working on finishing this up for you.

AZTLANLC
01-04-2004, 01:13 PM
I have being in business for 3 year only and have realize that all our customers have high expectations about us, but when you tell someone I'll be there between this and that date you better make sure you will or you might loose the customer and who knows how many more.

I personally think it was a mistake telling in an open forum you were going to release a product and not do it, specially since you had the first schedule release for spring of last year and then kept moving the date.

I personally will have patient and wait until you realese it, cause it might be a #### of product, I have seen many product being realesed before they're complete and the result is just bad, if this is the case I'm willing to wait even longer, just don't tell us it will be out for certain date until you guys are 100% sure it will.

turfboy
01-04-2004, 02:56 PM
I agree, with sentiment, I would definately lose clients if I told them a exact date, and never showed up. But knowing what I know Id rather wait until I get a quality product then it being rushed and not done like the genltemen before stated, because as we see in the gopher software, not knowing if this is the case or not, is a lot of errors, and things that just dont make sense.

Id wait until you got the entire software up and running on palm, rather than getting one bit or piece at a time. Almost like a tease I think. I personally dont think it will be all that valuable to me until I can get the entire gopher software on my palm.

But of course I am looking forward to being able to track my scheduled jobs with palm..

bubenberg
01-05-2004, 05:34 PM
i would like to join the wishes on this board, between me and my affiliated landscape company we mow 160 lawns a week. in my division we do thirty large properties and my partner is doing 130 1/4 - 1/3 acre small lots in developments a week. can you imagine what that was to keep track with the old typewriter. than gopher came along and things got better.

but back in my college days i learned to never take perfectly good information back down from a computer and update it from newly created paper and pencil sources. that was 1973.

i have no problem with a ramping up program, contrary to some other posters in this forum. a program can't be flawless without some actual field testing and user input.but i would like to do something more useful with my time then to push the complete button 1-160 times a week.

good luck gopher team http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

bubenberg
01-05-2004, 05:36 PM
dublicate. sorry

turfboy
01-23-2004, 08:08 AM
Well I bought my palm in December anticipating this Palm release, and have not used it much until recently. In the time since december I have transferred all of my customer information onto palm already, in my calander. So now I wonder if I still will even need the gopher palm module now that I have already done it my-self.
Please let me know if the palm module is going to do more than simply transfer my schedule onto the palm and caculate how long a job took me, because my calender already can do that for me.
Thanks Anyways

Ryan

PS I read in Turf Magazine about GOPHER 2004 but I dont see that anywhere??? Whats the deal?

Gopher Tech
01-23-2004, 09:59 AM
Hi Ryan,

Quote[/b] ]Please let me know if the palm module is going to do more than simply transfer my schedule onto the palm and caculate how long a job took me, because my calender already can do that for me.

This is our goal on the initial release. The functionality will grow as we receive feedback.

Quote[/b] ]I read in Turf Magazine about GOPHER 2004 but I dont see that anywhere??? Whats the deal?
We will have the Gopher 2004 update online shortly.

Thanks for your questions!

turfboy
01-26-2004, 01:19 AM
No Problem....
Thanks