PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Gopher

JeremeD
01-21-2004, 05:51 PM
I have a few questions about Gopher. I was going to look at the installation documents, but it seems that they are ingrained with the setup process on this site.

What kind of options are available for changing the look of the pages? Is there a stylesheet? Are the different areas editable with a kind of <%feature%> replacement system? Is there a templating system for changing the page layout around the main gopher interface?

I saw the code for a login form in another post on the forum. Is Gohper accessed remotely on your servers or can it be installed locally on our server?

Soupy
01-21-2004, 06:11 PM
Hi Gopher, Jereme is designing my new site. I would appreciate any help you can give him.

Thanks,
Ken

Gopher Tech
01-22-2004, 12:52 PM
Quote[/b] ]What kind of options are available for changing the look of the pages? Is there a stylesheet? Are the different areas editable with a kind of <%feature%> replacement system? Is there a templating system for changing the page layout around the main gopher interface?

Right now no. Any thoughts or suggestions you have are welcomed for future developement!

Quote[/b] ]I saw the code for a login form in another post on the forum. Is Gohper accessed remotely on your servers or can it be installed locally on our server?
Right now it's updated to our server.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Thanks!

JeremeD
01-22-2004, 04:00 PM
How is the software integrated in the Signature Loans sample site? What does the default template look like?

At the least, having a thorough stylesheet to edit would be nice. I had a look through your demo setup. The stylesheet required would be extensive, but would offer a lot of flexibility for your clients.

If I'm not having custom programming work done, the main thing I look for in a premade script is the ability to seamlessly integrate it into my site.

I realize that allowing editing of the stylesheet would present the problem of needing to allow access to files on your server.

If you're not ready to go that far, perhaps just a few different themes to select from would be nice.

Having the ability to install the software locally is also very desirable. I'm sure your hosting services and uptime are exemplary, but having the software installed locally would mean that there's one less thing I have to keep an eye on.

Gopher Tech
01-22-2004, 04:32 PM
Hi Jereme,

Quote[/b] ]How is the software integrated in the Signature Loans sample site? What does the default template look like?
The default template will look like this here (http://www.gophergraphics.com/lawnmail/simple_login/).
It is simple and basic now. Just enough to get the data across to the customer. The data is read from your data which is uploaded to our server.

Quote[/b] ]If you're not ready to go that far, perhaps just a few different themes to select from would be nice.
Very good ideas you have. These things will be implemented as demand for this service grows.

Quote[/b] ]Having the ability to install the software locally is also very desirable. I'm sure your hosting services and uptime are exemplary, but having the software installed locally would mean that there's one less thing I have to keep an eye on.
I agree, this was just the fastest way to get the project up and running. We are open to changing this in the future.

Thanks!

Soupy
01-22-2004, 06:18 PM
Gopher, Jereme is very talented and reasonably priced. Maybe he can help you with a couple of template etc.

Just a thought :0

Gopher Tech
01-23-2004, 11:01 AM
Hi Soupy,

That's a great idea. I can't wait to see what he creates for you!