PDA

View Full Version : employee records

hydrogreen
01-01-2004, 07:16 PM
Well I'm brand new to gopher software but in trying to set up my employee records work schedule I ran into a problem. I can't seem to get their daily time input. I enter the crew, start time, end time, lunch break, then when I go to copy to the next day it changes back to 12:00 start and end times. Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

hydrogreen
01-01-2004, 07:46 PM
OK I tried another way. I just put in th start and stop time and break time then pushed OK and got an error that said "must put in EMPNUM". What is empnum? is that the same as employeee ID? If it is I have given the eployees ID's. If I manually put in times for everyday everything seems fine until I get out of the schedule screen then go back and all the info is gone. I have downloaded and printed the book on this and it is not very clear. Or it is clear and I'm just doing something wrong.

turfboy
01-02-2004, 03:22 AM
Hey,
That happens to me all the time, I just click ok and move on, I know what a pain in the butt, you see there are alot of other things that those extra features dont do or just dont make any sense?

Expecially with the employee section...
For example... there is no way to print the schedule for that employee...another thing i dont like is that your only limited to one week then you need to start over, well my employees get paid twice a month, so i dont even use this feature, because its too much of pain to physically write everybody hours down for the week and then start over. Ive paid for this software too, aout $700.00 or something like that.
Im glad to see other people are bring these issues up cus it would take me hours to go through everything on this program that is just plain unexplanable i guess.

But I love Gopher so much
The couple good things they have over the other guy NOW is the lawnmail, and hopefully soon the pda feature when its fully updated not just the scheduled jobs thing...

hydrogreen
01-02-2004, 09:40 AM
You mean nobody ever gave you an answer? GEE I found something else , on the invoice if I try to use the"AERA" billing it does not calculate. I put in the amount of money per sq. ft. and it does not calculate. It woks if I put in a hourly rate times th hours, but not the Aera. Now I can live without the employee schedule thing but just about all my work will be based on the AERA. I hope they can give me an answer on this part.

turfboy
01-02-2004, 10:22 AM
YEP HAPPENS TO ME AS WELL
IVE ASKED BUT IM ALWAYS TOLD THERE WORKING ON IT OR SOMETHING ELSE WHO KNOWS.....

Gopher Tech
01-02-2004, 05:18 PM
Hi Hydrogreen and Turfboy,

Thank you for your input. We very much appreciate your input. Please keep us posted on everything you think. I have logged the two immediate issues that were brought up.
We are always trying to improve so please let us know how you would like the employee section to work. We want you happy and we want to provide you with a software package that serves your needs.

Thank you!

hydrogreen
01-02-2004, 05:33 PM
I thought that the two items I described were part of the pakage I just purchased. Am I wrong? If so why did I pay the extra money for something tha dosn't work?

turfboy
01-02-2004, 05:52 PM
SEE THAT IS ONE THING THE GUYS AT GOPHER ARE REALLY GOOD AT AND THAT IS LISTEN TO THEIR CLIENTS, THAT IS THE MAIN REASON I BOUGHT THIS SOFTWARE....BECAUSE OF THE SUPPORT, AND THEY FACT THAT THEY WANT TO CONTINUALLY IMPROVE THE SOFTWARE WHICH DOES MAKE THE BEST BUSINESS SENSE.......

THANKS GOHPER

Gopher Tech
01-02-2004, 05:59 PM
Hi hydrogreen,

As we expand the software we add features that will need to be developed further. It is a process of evolution. We put an option out in Gopher, you tell us what you like and don't like. We improve the software and this process continues onward. As you use the employee section or any other section please let us know how we can improve upon it.
We are here to serve you. The more we know what you need the better we can serve you.

hydrogreen
01-02-2004, 07:20 PM
But this is something that is already there. DOES THIS FEATURE WORK OR DOSN'T? If it dosn't work tell me so I don't wast any more time trying to figure it out. Just tell me.

turfboy
01-03-2004, 01:49 PM
It dont work, it is obviously a programming error on gophers part so I would say NO it dont work period..:)

Gopher Tech
01-03-2004, 06:50 PM
We weren't able to re-create the employee time copy issue. Hydrogreen please check your email.

turfboy
01-03-2004, 07:13 PM
what about me http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif, my area billing does not caculate either, when creating an invoice? and Ive paid for the software do I get an email?

Gopher Tech
01-06-2004, 10:11 AM
Hi turfboy,

We are working on getting this resolved in the next update.

hydrogreen
01-06-2004, 09:11 PM
Thanks Gopher. I have downloaded the ver. 3.1.14 and it still does not work but it's not a big deal. Will the new version be comming out soon? Because that calculating per sq.ft will be mighty helpful. I do like the software I was just diappointed when I first dicovered some things don't work. Keep working on things cause it looks liike it'll be great software when it's all working.