PDA

View Full Version : UNgenerating invoices

Gopher Tech
09-26-2003, 09:14 PM
Problem.

If you are new to using Gopher, a common situation that happens is you set up some customers, do some scheduled work, mark the jobs complete and then generate. You do this again the next week and throughout the month. At the end of the month you have multiple invoices for one customer when you only wanted one invoice per customer.

Solution.

For example say you have multiple invoices for your customers and you only want one invoice per customer, go to the invoice page. Choose the appropriate tab at top, possibly ALL INVOICES. Then you can highlight the invoice you want to ungenerate by left clicking on it, then right click and choose Ungenerate Invoice.

What if you have many invoices you want to ungenerate?
You can highlight multiple invoice by doing one of two things. If you want to highlight all your invoices, the easiest way is to left click on the first invoice, then hold the SHIFT key down, scroll down to your last invoice and left click on it. If you did this properly you will see all the invoices highlighted and you will then be able to right click on them and choose ungenerate invoices and it will ungenerate all the invoices you highlighted.

If you want to ungenerate many invoices but be able to pick and choose which ones you can also hold down the CTRL key and left click on all the invoices you want to ungenerate. If you hightlight one in error, simply click on it again and it will unhighlight it.

Once you have ungenerated the invoices you chose, you can now click on the generate button and recompile all those completed jobs into one invoice per customer.

If you have questions, let us know!

Turf Pro
10-18-2003, 12:47 AM
So how would all the work you do, get on one invoice. I do several services for a custumer in one month, and enter them in the same day I do them. Then at the end of the month when I generate all invoices, for monthly yard care, I end up with 2 invoices. I just have to delete the lawn care, and add it to the invoice, that Ive been adding work to all month?? Thank you

Gopher Tech
10-18-2003, 12:55 AM
Hi TurfPro,

Here is the usual set up. Schedule in your jobs on the calendar. At the end of each day, you mark the jobs complete. Through out the month jobs accumulate in the completed jobs tab on the schedule page. At the end of the month you click the generate button and it compiles all those completed jobs into 1 invoice per customer.

Does this help? If you need more explanation, let me know.

Here is a link (http://www.gophersoftware.com/training_index.cgi?ref=null&page=training)to the 7 steps to get up and running with Gopher.