PDA

View Full Version : Invoice Un-Generated

Lawn Magic
06-08-2003, 11:31 PM
I was experimenting with a test invoice. After finishing, I un-generated it. I noticed the amount of this test invoice stayed in the Customer Account Balance and in the Revenue Report. With some experimenting, I found the amount could be removed from the customer balance by adjusting that customers beginning balance. Nevertheless, I couldnt find a way to remove it from the Revenue Report. Why are these adjustments not automatically made when an Invoice is Un-Generated? How can I make an adjustment to the Revenue Report?

Gopher Tech
06-09-2003, 11:00 AM
Thanks for pointing that out Lawn Magic, we are going to look into this!

Lawn Magic
06-17-2003, 01:30 AM
I found how to correct the problem. The Service Items from the ungenerated invoices remained on the completed jobs list. After finding and deleting those items that came from the ungenerated invoices, the Service Revenue Report and the Customer History Report were correct. Should these items be automatically removed? Does the same thing apply to Materials and Contracted Items?

Steve
06-17-2003, 04:28 AM
The basic idea of un-generating invoices in Gopher means that the program will take an invoice that is already created and break it down into it's individual line items and put them all into the completed jobs tab. Later when you want to generate an invoice for that specific customer again, all those line items will now be included in the new invoice.
The items aren't automatically removed. If you want the line items from an invoice to be removed, you can delete the entire invoice.
I hope this sheds more light on the process of un-generating. Keep us posted on your thoughts.

Lawn Magic
06-17-2003, 08:38 AM
Yes, it does. To further clarify, deleting an invoice is what I want to do to eliminate all traces of the items included in that invoice?
Just two other question on this: When I enter a test invoice directly without going through the scheduling/completion routine (as I was hoping to do with historical completed services), why doesn't anything show up under the completed jobs?

Gopher Tech
06-17-2003, 01:36 PM
Deleting an invoice will delete all record of that invoice and the line items within it.

Think of the Completed Jobs Tab as a collection of line items that haven't been attributed to an invoice. Once they are generated, they are now a part of an invoice and removed from the completed jobs tab. When you make a test invoice without going through the schedule feature, you are applying those line items to an invoice you are creating. The line items will therefore not appear in the completed jobs tab.