PDA

View Full Version : service price question

Enviro-Lawns
06-09-2003, 05:01 PM
everytime i schedule in a new job and then i choose my lawn cutting service, a price shows up of $35. I dont know where that came from. how can i fix this?

AZTLANLC
06-09-2003, 06:25 PM
Look under services and if you have a set price for mowing arease it, instead you can set a price for evry customer everytime you add one.

AZTLANLC
06-09-2003, 06:27 PM
Look under services and if you have a set price for mowing arease it, instead you can set a price for evry customer everytime you add one.

AZTLANLC
06-09-2003, 06:30 PM

Lawn Magic
06-09-2003, 07:31 PM
Enviro, you may want to specify a price in the general setup (services or materials) for things for which you charge set price by the unit. (ie /hr, /1000 sq ft, /cu yd, Linear ft, etc.

For example:
Mowing (or leaf removal) with 61" Mower $xx/Hr
Mowing with 36" Mower $xx/Hr
Bed Edging $0.xx/linear Ft.
Much Installation $xx/Cu yd
Dethatching and Debris Removal $xx/1000 Sq Ft
Mulch/Soil Delivery $xx/Each
Hedge Trimming and Clean-Up $xx/Hr
Overseeding $xx/1000 Sq Ft
Chain Saw Work $xx/Hr
Chipper, Dump Truck and Two Men $xx/Hr
Bucket Truck and Two Men $xxx/Hr
on and on...
All of my Services and Materials have set prices/unit for simplicity; this streamlines estimating. My fixed prices all originate from estimated units used. If I happen to underestimate the units, then I try to adjust later with incremental price increases for future services. With services or materials with per unit prices, all you need to do is add the item to an invoice/sched job/extimate then enter the quantity for that customer. The only thing Gopher lacks in this regard is the abilitly to have sub catagories. I will be posting a wish list item for this.Once you settle on a fixed price for a customer, its then as AZTLANLC states, easier to just specify the fixed price for each specific customer (until the next adjustment)...Tom

Enviro-Lawns
06-10-2003, 10:40 PM
Thanks all, that helped a lot!