PDA

View Full Version : Laptop?

Lawn Magic
06-04-2003, 09:54 PM
Just curious if anyone is using the Gopher program on a laptop in the field and how does it work. I have an IPAQ 5450 and hope to see that supported by Gopher in the future. I am considering getting a laptop so i can make changes to invoices, etc. and print them on the spot with a portable printer like the HP450 (battery operated printer). My BIG wish is to have everything entered from the field when I return home from work only needing to synch my handheld or laptop with the desktop (if not already synched remotely)

Gopher Tech
06-05-2003, 12:19 AM
We do hear from alot of users that do just that! This is pretty new in the industry to be able to do such things. I think alot of it has to do with the prices for the technology that allows it, such as the sub $1000 laptops and portable printers. We should post a poll for this to see where other stand on this!

At Your Service
06-05-2003, 08:36 AM
I have a laptop that I do take with me but yea I agree that it will be so much easier when the palm software comes out cause thats like exactly what a palm was made for. Alot of industries I see use palms on job sites.

Yardboy
06-08-2003, 10:35 PM
I think it would be cool to have a laptop set up on the center hump kinda like in a cop car and then have a portable printer too! That would be intense! I wonder if anyone makes anything to hold a laptop and a printer in place like that so it is fixed and wont bounce around.

Lawn Magic
06-09-2003, 01:00 PM
Yardboy, I found such a thing**actually several varieties**on the net last week. I will post the URL's as soon as I find them again. Some were photos from another Lawn Care forum: by those actually using laptops in their lawn care business. Tom

Lawn Magic
06-09-2003, 09:25 PM
Yardboy, here's one of the URLs:

http://www.laptopgps.com/local....mputing (http://www.laptopgps.com/local/section/category/category/in-car_computing/)

Gopher Tech
06-10-2003, 12:39 PM
Thats a great link! Anyone who uses or wants to use a laptop in the field should check that link out!