PDA

View Full Version : invoices or statments?

xtreme lawn
06-04-2003, 09:14 PM
hey i am new to using software for my company and i am really lovin gopher. I just have a question if its better to send out statements at the end of the month or invoices? does it matter, is one better than the other?
thanx

Lawn Magic
06-04-2003, 09:35 PM
To reduce postage costs and speed up cash flow, we leave an invoice at the customers door after completing each job unless additional (unscheduled) work was done. Those are mailed the next day after adjustment is made. We only send statements to those who want billed monthly and those who have other charges..ie interest or late fees (very rare).

At Your Service
06-05-2003, 08:34 AM
We use invoices to send out at the end of the month. Then if a customer calls up and has a dispute with us over an invoice or a balance or something, we can then print out a statement for the date range in question and send them that.

AZTLANLC
06-08-2003, 03:22 AM
And the real cool feature about gopher is that show up the balance on every invoice if any from prevoius bill, + also shows the payments received from that month.

I use to send statements with quicbooks on the customers that had any balance open, but with gopher it's much easy to only send invoices.