PDA

View Full Version : High Gas Prices

TnT Outdoor ervices
05-14-2008, 03:02 PM
Are you guys and gals having a problem making any profit because of high gas prices. Have you been able to raise your price per cut? I want to but I'm worried that my customers might go with the mexicans! Any soultions?

justin_time
05-14-2008, 06:08 PM
All my accounts went up by 5$.

All my customers understands the increase. Most of them are ok with this

Just briefly explain them that's all, they will understand

gmoney55
05-14-2008, 07:38 PM
I talked to my customers also and went up 5 bucks per cut. They were all cool with it and some wondered why i did not go up sooner because of the rising gas prices. The only customer i did not go up on is a couple that live 2 doors down from me. He is 93 years old and his wife is 90. I did not have the heart to ask them for more money and he even told me he was surprised i did not raise the price on him due to gas prices. I told him i raised my others but would still keep his the same price. They are such a nice old couple i could not do it to them

UniversityLandscapers
05-15-2008, 06:46 PM
I haven't raised mine yet, although I've been quoting all my new jobs higher. I'm thinking about raising them if gas starts to get over $1.40/litre ($5.30/gallon), which it looks like it might in the next week or so. It was $1.35/litre ($5.13/gallon) today and will probably spike over the long weekend.

It used to cost me $45 to fill the tank for a week on my junky old Mazda, but my new Ford Ranger took an $86 fill this week http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif