PDA

View Full Version : Dump fees in your area

gmoney55
05-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Hey guys just wanting to know how much ya'll are paying when you have to go to a dump to dump your trash from jobs. I live in louisiana about 15 minutes from New Orleans and the fees before the storm were about $10.00 to dump where i used to dump. I am doing a cleanup job right now and had to go to the dump the other day for the first time since katrina and they are now charging $50.00 per load. I had my trailer full plus the back of my truck was full also. So i asked the person taking payments if it was so much because both truck and trailer were full and she said no. That is the normal fee for a truck or trailer and was the cheapest fee that they now charge. She said dump trucks and bigger trucks were more and charged by weight but not pickups and trailers they were a flat fee of $50.00. i don't know about ya'll but i find that kind of high what are ya'll paying just curious. thanks

Steve
05-12-2008, 11:52 AM
Gerald,

Does your town run a recycling center where you can dump yard waste or no?

gmoney55
05-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Well technically they own the one where i dump it is the only one around, but they now lease it out to some big waste company and since this has happened the prices went through the roof. I mean i don't mind paying to dump a load of trash but 50 bucks is a lot of money to have to pay to do it. For example this clean up i am doing right now is for a lady that just bought the house and they had a bunch of those plam lke bushes and some bushes with the stickers on every leaf and she wanted them all cut down and dug up. Well there were like 18 of those bushes in her yard and a big old patch of bamboo she wanted taken out also. I have done all the clearing she wanted pls then she wanted behind her garage leaned out old wood and bricks and stuff so just with my trailer it is 6x12 I had it filled up full and about 8 feet high plus the back of my truck F-150 full size was full and i have made 3 trips to the dump already. It's just sad because i have to pass on this cost to the customer i think it is very high

Little's
05-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Green waste dumping in my area is free, and if you have a semi load, they will actually pay you for it since they turn it into energy and sell it.
Garbage dump fees in my area are charged either $60 per ton, or if it is a small load, it's a $15 minimum.

UniversityLandscapers
05-13-2008, 12:52 AM
Do they charge that much for green waste too, or was that just garbage? The most I've ever paid for dumping garden waste is $12 and that was my bed piled far beyond the cab. Our dumps charge by weight, and all of them have seperate collection for green waste.

musician/lawnman
05-13-2008, 07:36 AM
I pay $55 per ton, Though Even with the Rails I have on the side of my truck, I rarely get more than 600 lbs in the back so I am usually charged between $5-$10

musician/lawnman
05-13-2008, 07:38 AM
you can see my truck /trailer & the bed rails I was talking about at the bottom of this page:
http://www.charlottecountylawns.com/photos.html

gmoney55
05-13-2008, 11:00 AM
chuck that is a nice setup. i have a 04 f-150 4x4 but i have a 5x12 open trailer. want to get an enclosed one though. Also the website looks great. i want to do one for myself. did you do it or did you pay someone to do it. I am not that great with stuff like that and would like to try to do it. I got a couple of prices but they are way outta my league right now. where did you register the domain and what about the monthly hosting. Any help is greatly appreciated thanks. gerald

musician/lawnman
05-13-2008, 06:53 PM
Thanks, glad you like the site. I did it myself with alittle help from a couple guys on here actually. It's not too bad really once you get the hang of it. I used 1&1.com for hosting & registration. Pretty cheap actually.
$4-5 / month.

justin_time
05-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Quote[/b] (musician/lawnman @ May 13 2008,6:53)]Thanks, glad you like the site. *I did it myself with alittle help from a couple guys on here actually. *It's not too bad really once you get the hang of it. *I used 1&1.com for hosting & registration. *Pretty cheap actually.
$4-5 / month.
I pay 0$ for dumping fees http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Yeah Chuck, your site is getting better and better everytime i look at it.. good job http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif You must of had a good tutor http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

bigpete
05-14-2008, 08:58 PM
I pay nothing to dump, and if they ever charged I would just burn the stuff!