PDA

View Full Version : 2 business complaints and you have to pay $5000?

Steve
04-24-2008, 10:33 AM
Does your town have any policy similar to this one?

If your lawn care business gets 2 complaints from citizens to the city, you have to give them $5000 to set aside in case of poorly done work?

Have you ever heard of anything like this?

East Grand Rapids: Licensed lawn services listed (http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ssf?/base/news-3/1208870705159130.xml&coll=6) - Rolf Pawelka, of Pawelka Landscaping Inc., said a listing on the city's Web site will serve as some quality control because any business that gets more than two complaints has to set aside $5,000 with the city as assurance against shoddy work.

All Aspects Landscaping
04-24-2008, 11:34 PM
i would sell my business.... you know the old saying... you cant make all the people happy all of the time.

UniversityLandscapers
04-25-2008, 12:17 AM
That seems kind of brutal. Although I would hope your customers have the decency to come to you and complain first, to give you the chance to make up for it.

Steve
04-25-2008, 06:09 AM
It seems crazy! The article went on to talk about a snow plow outfit that got it's business license pulled and they weren't too happy about that.

LawnMoore
07-28-2010, 05:52 PM
It seems crazy! The article went on to talk about a snow plow outfit that got it's business license pulled and they weren't too happy about that.

It is Crazy steve! This is rediculous, i would hire a lawyer instantly if this ever approached me, and to be honest i cant say what else i would do ;)

But i would take much more action, maybe even try to go to congress with that,

In just having a lawn care or snowplow service how would anything have to cost 5k dollars???

Better yet i would just file it to my insurance! somehow/someway

picframer
07-28-2010, 08:03 PM
I have to wonder if such a policy would hold up in court, I honestly doubt it. In any event if that was the municipal law, I would move or I suspect a lot simply go underground.