PDA

View Full Version : Are you raising prices?

Steve
04-24-2008, 09:29 AM
Are you raising prices due to gas increases? Or have you seen others doing it?

Lawn Care Just Got More Expensive (http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=6100895) - Because of the rising cost of gas, Horton had to raise his prices 15 percent this year. That not only covers gas to fuel the equipment, but transportation to haul that equipment to and from jobs, and the chemicals that treat the lawns.

UniversityLandscapers
04-24-2008, 01:26 PM
I haven't raised prices yet, but we'll see how this year goes. If I get a new truck, which I probably will at some point, then I might have to look at raising prices, since it might be less fuel efficient than my current piece of junk.

musician/lawnman
04-24-2008, 03:41 PM
I have tightened my routes in. I'm also about to implement a mandatory schedual for my per cut customers. If 'm in an area & all the lawns I do need it, yet one or two per cut clients always want to wait til next week... It's going to start costing them more I think I'll call it a special trip charge (right now most lawns here are on a biweekly schedual). The lawns all basically grow around the same rate when they need it, they need it. If you want to wait It will cost you more later or they can go find another service. I've spent too much time bouncing all over the county due to per cut customers who resist a regular schedule. I have to either be a jerk & lose some of them because I will enforce this soon or raise prices for all my customers. Everybody is trying to save a buck, But I can't let that be at my expense anymore. I think most will understand. Some will flip out. It will also serve to filter out some of the customers that aren't really worth having anyway.

S.P.Martin Lawn Care
04-24-2008, 07:25 PM
I did away with a discount for seasonal prepay. Also added a clause to the contract that a fuel surcharge will kick in when the price of regular grade gas gets to a certain level.

So far everybody has no problem with it and understands.

Fernando's CleanCut!
04-24-2008, 08:42 PM
I really haven't raise my prices cuz my clients been with me less than a year, so raising the prices every year will scared them, thinking that in 2-3 years they are going to have to pay me like $20-$30 more.
What I've been thinking is to raise the prices to NEW customers... like say, I would usually charge $40per cut, now I will raise it to $45, if you get my point.

Thanks.