PDA

View Full Version : Moving to California  HELP !!!!

looksgoodlawncare
04-21-2008, 09:32 PM
I'm moving from Florida to California,I was hoping someone can help me out. I don't know anything about CA. I don't know what the most common types of grass are, any crazy laws or restrictions or even what the going charge is for a basic mow, blow and go or the hourly rate for other types of lawn work. Here in Fl where I live the going starting reate for a basic cut is 140 a month and then goes from there. The hourly rate for other things is usualy $60 an hour. Any help and suggestions you can give will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.
LooksGoodLawnCare,
Bryson McLemore,

Little's
04-21-2008, 09:36 PM
Where in Cal. are you moving to. I am in the Far Northern Part Redding specifically. I may be able to help you out.

looksgoodlawncare
04-23-2008, 07:50 AM
We're moving just north of LA to the Glendale area.

Little's
04-23-2008, 09:27 AM
Well it is almost a completely different state down in LA. than it is up here. I am not sure of the lawn type, I am sure there is a TON of illegals to compete with. But from what you were saying, it seems as though Florida is similar as it is in Northern Ca. as far as pricing. There arent any crazy restrictions. But dont get caught spraying without an applicators cert. or it is a $1000 fine.
Good luck on the transition, I am sure it will work out fine.

makbootzy
04-23-2008, 12:18 PM
Quote[/b] (Little's @ April 23 2008,8:27)]Well it is almost a completely different state down in LA. than it is up here. I am not sure of the lawn type, I am sure there is a TON of illegals to compete with. But from what you were saying, it seems as though Florida is similar as it is in Northern Ca. as far as pricing. There arent any crazy restrictions. But dont get caught spraying without an applicators cert. or it is a $1000 fine. *
Good luck on the transition, I am sure it will work out fine.
Is there restrictions on equipment?

Little's
04-24-2008, 12:38 AM
Not that I can think of. What are you referring to?