PDA

View Full Version : Oil change Exmark commercial 30in

googus
04-23-2013, 03:49 PM
Ok the Emark manual states tip the mower to the side( yeah not so easy on 180 mower) the kawi manual states drain plug but oil will go all over the deck?

Should I use a pump?
Anyone have a solution?

SECTLANDSCAPING
04-23-2013, 04:21 PM
Ok the Emark manual states tip the mower to the side( yeah not so easy on 180 mower) the kawi manual states drain plug but oil will go all over the deck?

Should I use a pump?
Anyone have a solution?

Theres a hose you screw in to the drain bolt. When you want to drain in the future you loosen up a bolt and it will drain in a bucket.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m314/Restrorob/Kohler/KohlerOilDrainAdapters.jpg

googus
04-23-2013, 10:30 PM
Thanks!
Great info! What web site can I get it?

Caskey Lawns & Landscapes
04-24-2013, 06:22 AM
Go to a local exmark dealer....Or any dealer may be able to order for you....

wandfsmall
04-24-2013, 08:04 AM
just do not ask for those part numbers, I do not think he posted the correct part numbers for your engine. Any Kawasaki Dealer can get the parts for you.

SECTLANDSCAPING
04-24-2013, 06:03 PM
just do not ask for those part numbers, I do not think he posted the correct part numbers for your engine. Any Kawasaki Dealer can get the parts for you.

Yeah that was just a picture for reference. All you need is the right thread size. I know with my Hondas there all the same.

HinFL
02-20-2014, 12:23 PM
I know this is an old thread & I also posted this on another one. But I just bought an eXmark Commercial 30 two days ago. I could tell that oil changes weren't going to be fun as the unit came. So I ordered the hose extension drain plug that they put on their bigger commercials, at the time of my purchase. Part number is 116-5052 and description is "ASM, ENGINE OIL DRAIN". The dealer is having the part shipped to me, as it's about a 100 mile round-trip from our small town.

Hope this helps & thanks to all for the great info on this forum!

Take care!

googus
02-21-2014, 05:57 AM
I ended up using a marine pump/vacumm. I bought a good one and did my mowers and PWC at one time works great.

stevef1201
02-21-2014, 10:12 AM
I ended up using a marine pump/vacumm. I bought a good one and did my mowers and PWC at one time works great.

The only problem I see with those pumps that if there is sludge in the bottom it will not pick it up.

googus
02-22-2014, 03:35 AM
If you change your oil often you will not have a problem. Trust me it gets probably 99% of it out and as often as I change the oil there will be no build up.

My PWC there is no other way to do an oil change other then using a pump. If there is sludge then I assume you have bigger problems to worry about:)

ems.810
03-15-2014, 01:53 PM
How often or howmany hours u go b4 a oil change and does running syn make a difference ?

HinFL
03-15-2014, 11:42 PM
FWIW: The mechanic at my dealership said to run conventional oil thru 3 or 4 changes to allow everything to seat properly. After that, he said it's okay to run synthetic.
I'm still in break-in period before 1st change, but plan to do manual rec changes at 50 hr intervals (or slightly more often).

ems.810
03-16-2014, 05:26 AM
The reason i ask about syn oil is.i was wondering if u could run more hours inbetween changes

HinFL
03-16-2014, 08:38 AM
An excellent question; and one I can't answer. Hopefully somebody else will give us the benefit of their experience.

Steve
03-17-2014, 01:47 PM
For what it is worth.

This is from valvoline
http://www.valvoline.com/faqs/motor-oil/full-synthetic-motor-oil/

Can you go longer between oil changes if you use a synthetic blend or full synthetic motor oil?

Synthetic or synthetic blended oils are not intended to extend oil change intervals. These oils are recommended for use in harder working engines and to assist with gas mileage, not to extend service intervals beyond what the manufacturer recommends.

ems.810
03-17-2014, 04:16 PM
Thank u sir guess that answers my question