PDA

View Full Version : Woot!

F3Nelson
03-22-2008, 03:52 PM
Just got the go ahead on cleaning up this turd, landscape and trash haul away inside, cant wait, will show after pix later

[IMG]http://img337.imageshack.us/img337....MG] (http://img337.imageshack.us/my.php?image=flintpropertyxv1.jpg)

Steve
03-23-2008, 04:11 AM
Here is the before picture. I can't wait to see the after.

I see the house is for sale. How is the real estate market doing in your area? How much are they asking for that house?

All Aspects Landscaping
03-23-2008, 09:34 AM
Hey... dont talk about my house that way!!! lol

musician/lawnman
03-23-2008, 08:46 PM
Quote[/b] (All Aspects Landscaping @ Mar. 23 2008,9:34)]Hey... dont talk about my house that way!!! * lol
That's funny rite theer I dun't kare who ya are.....

F3Nelson
03-23-2008, 10:37 PM
Yup,

I found a guy that flips houses and am trying to get all his business for lawn/landscape. I told him Id clean out the inside too.

I would say our area has cooled off a bunch. We didnt talk about his asking price, but it cant be much, that thing is very SMALLLL, and kinda stinky in the moment http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/badger.gif

Steve
03-24-2008, 07:06 AM
Mike,

Would you ever like to flip houses too? Do you think that would be interesting and enjoyable?

F3Nelson
03-24-2008, 08:00 AM
Yes, flipping houses will be in my future.

I have been researching it hard, have lots of book knowledge, but no practical hands on experience.

I am hooking up with local investors, so I can get paid and learn at the same time. Ive had an interest in this for many years, just lacked the courage to do it.

Its a few years down the road, but it WILL happen

Steve
03-24-2008, 08:13 AM
Very interesting! This could be a great way to learn!

Would you like to fix up houses (interior/exterior upgrades) and then sell them or simply by them, clean them and sell them.

lawnindustryconsultants.com
03-24-2008, 08:18 AM
Keep up the good work.
See house fliping has lost it here in michigan.
Even companies getting work from the house flippers is faded.

F3Nelson
03-24-2008, 09:39 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Mar. 24 2008,8:13)]Very interesting! This could be a great way to learn!

Would you like to fix up houses (interior/exterior upgrades) and then sell them or simply by them, clean them and sell them.
You can make money on "lipstick" houses or complete gut jobs, all you have to do is make sure your margins are inline, and you shoud be ok, and you must be sure to use Due Dillegence.

Steve
03-25-2008, 08:22 AM
Hi Mike,

Have you ever played around with figures for house flipping? I bet a lot of people on here would be interested in seeing how all this works.

Is there any way you could give us a for instance of how the figures would work on such a business opportunity?

JODY84
04-05-2008, 09:47 PM
We have been researching real estate investing for years now. Reading books and attending seminars etc. We really want to educate outselves on this before jumping in.

From what we have learned, right now is not a good time to flips houses. But it's a great time to buy and hold.

This just means buy a run down home, fix it up, add curb appeal and rent it out for a few years.

With all the foreclosures, majority of people are scared to buy and more likely to rent the next few years.

You can probably make more money renting out homes, and this is just another way to have your money work for you.

Having money coming in and you don't even have to "work" for it. It's a great thing!

As I mentioned in a previous topic, Robert Kiyoskai has several books on real estate investing... these make for great read and you really can learn a lot!

EarlyBird
04-17-2008, 03:48 AM
house looks old