PDA

View Full Version : Mail Tips

CHEESE2009
04-18-2013, 03:54 AM
I never provide my address on my forms, because I don't want checks getting "lost" in the mail, or clients banging on my door and invading my personal space.

It works well, but I have been getting some odd comments; right now I'm looking into getting my mail delivered to a post office. Which I think is a great idea for a lot of you out there, who want to keep your privacy.

Over here, you can have your clients send their checks/money to a post office for only $140 annually, and they will provide you with a storage box.

You just go in with your key and get your mail like that!

Hope this is helpful, I think it's clever! Nothing worse than a client ringing the bell while I'm in my underwear mid-shave.

Sprinkler Buddy
04-18-2013, 05:26 AM
I have been using a PO Box for years. If you move in your local area, you don't have to worry about changing your letter head, etc...

I use it also for security, don't have to worry about checks disappearing in the mail box. Most of my customers know where I live but that's a small town thing, everyone knows everybody.

LawnBoy0311
04-18-2013, 05:39 AM
I was thinking about doing this when we make the move. I use my regular address now, but I find it awkward that people can drive by my house any time they want to. No one has, and no one bothers me...I have a nice group of customers. But I think the PO box in the future is the way to go.

Steve
04-18-2013, 11:59 AM
Scott, was there anything that got you to initially start using a p.o. box or did you just feel from the beginning that it was the right move for you?

CHEESE2009
04-18-2013, 04:06 PM
Scott, was there anything that got you to initially start using a p.o. box or did you just feel from the beginning that it was the right move for you?

Other than the fact I love to spend money, I just think it'll tackle a future problem:

I had a few calls from clients wondering, "where do I mail the checks?!".

My website says:

Why is there no return address on my contract/invoice?
We like to meet the people that we are doing business with so that we can answer any questions that they may have in greater detail. We also want to make sure that your cheque(s) don't get lost in the mail.

-

Apparently nobody reads, and I hate phone calls.

Matther777
04-18-2013, 05:04 PM
Other than the fact I love to spend money, I just think it'll tackle a future problem:

I had a few calls from clients wondering, "where do I mail the checks?!".

My website says:

Why is there no return address on my contract/invoice?
We like to meet the people that we are doing business with so that we can answer any questions that they may have in greater detail. We also want to make sure that your cheque(s) don't get lost in the mail.

-

Apparently nobody reads, and I hate phone calls.

AH sorry I didn't read all that :D
I have thought of getting one for the future. At the moment I have spent enough money and I need to make some money .

CHEESE2009
04-18-2013, 07:11 PM
AH sorry I didn't read all that :D
I have thought of getting one for the future. At the moment I have spent enough money and I need to make some money .

You don't need to apologize

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFcTolk911P1n8vvmDnzpb3JQxYAETC VYjJZrPnwVEwrVywAKL