PDA

View Full Version : Whats YOUR story?

Tony317
04-16-2013, 05:56 PM
so basically...i just started this year..and with a whole weak of rain i dont have much to do cutting wise..im starting my first year with 4 accounts so far, and driving my push mower,blower,and weed eater in the back of my dads SUV, but i went up to the small engine shop in my area today..and found the exact thing i was looking for, i was looking at how much it would cost me to get a good commercial mower with a sulky behind it..all said and done..they would guess it to be around 4K...now even though that seems like a big number to me...the only thing on my mind right as of this moment..is what i can do to get me there faster to be able to bring that bad boy home, i dont get my hopes to high, but my goal is to be rocking one of those bad boys next year..but thats just somthing that inspires me, somthing else that is inspiring is hearing peoples storys on where they started and how they got here now, and what they are running now, so other than writing a novel (sorry btw) id like to hear your guys' story if you don't mind, anything to inspire me is well worth the read.

Sprinkler Buddy
04-16-2013, 06:13 PM
I have been in the lawn care business for many years now, I remember the days when I couldn't wait to go to work the next mourning. Now I look forward to the weekends. lol I still love it, just wouldn't mind doing it only in my own yard. :-)

Being in the lawn care business has provided for my wife and family, looking back, I have no regrets of starting my business. It and the good lord has blessed me with my invention the Sprinkler Buddy. Things have really picked up in the last few years with it, hoping my newest venture will allow me to step back from the lawn care business in the near future.

My body is starting to feel the heat and physical labor. lol

Stay at it, you can make it as big as you want. Once you get that walk behind, then you'll want a ZTR or two. The wants never end. :-)

LawnBoy0311
04-17-2013, 06:53 AM
I'm God's gift to landscaping....I was trained by the best. Weekendwarrior. He showed me all there was to Ryobi trimmers...even how to pour the gas the right way.

All jokes aside....

My real name is Jay. I worked for a landscaping company for a few years. Went into the Marine Corps in 2003, left in 2007. Honorable discharge, 3 deployments (lots of blood sweat and tears!). Went home to MA, left there 2 weeks later to move to MD to be with my girlfiend (now wife). Struggled to get a job. Found one making almost 80K a year (At 23!!!) doing management stuff. Got canned by them in 2011. Got a new job, and now do landscaping after my full time job.

When I left MA, I had a 2 door 2001 Ford Explorer Sport, packed to the top with everything I owned....basically just my clothes. I really had just about nothing. Today I own a house (bought it at 24), and some land in NC. The only thing that got me to where I am today is goals. Keep them attainable. Both short term AND long term. I'm 28 and I plan to retire at 55. You'll get that mower soon, just keep at it!!!