PDA

View Full Version : Looking for work.

sotrhRaven
04-15-2013, 07:48 PM
In the long run I want to start my own business. But I feel I need some experience. I live in tampa florida. I am looking for part time work. I have spent the last 8 years caring for over an acre. I used a riding mower, weed eater, I also trimmed two crape myrtles every season. Just looking for an entry level position.

Thanks,
Ben

LawnBoy0311
04-16-2013, 05:39 AM
In the long run I want to start my own business. But I feel I need some experience. I live in tampa florida. I am looking for part time work. I have spent the last 8 years caring for over an acre. I used a riding mower, weed eater, I also trimmed two crape myrtles every season. Just looking for an entry level position.

Thanks,
Ben

Check craigslist in your area. Every spring companies post looking for help. Good luck and learn as much as you can!

stevef1201
04-16-2013, 05:48 AM
You got to admire the 'get out and try' attitude of this guy. He is not just sitting around drinking beer wishing the government would give him more welfare. Good luck in finding a position

willshome
04-16-2013, 06:52 AM
I wish there was someone in my area wanting to do this. I had a guy working for me that I told spend a year or two learning do/don't then start his own business (maybe start his on weekends). Once he found out it's real work that didn't last long. My new guy is saturdays only but works hard

good luck you will make more money this way and do better long term

Steve
04-16-2013, 11:18 AM
Ben,

Welcome to our forum!

You could even look around the area write down phone numbers of local lawn care companies and call them. Or if they are finished working. Maybe go up and talk to them.

Keep us posted on how this goes.