PDA

View Full Version : And so it begins

Matther777
04-14-2013, 09:42 PM
Hello everyone I hope you are having a great evening.

Now this is my first year on my own as an actual business. The last two years I have worked for other lawn company's so I have learn quit a bit. Now I am not the best at everything but that will improve as time goes on. So the point of this is I am going to tell you what my plans and goals are. I live in a pretty big suburb. My price is going to start out at $30 for mowing, trimming, edging and blowing off. I will charge $5 extra to pick up dog poop. And the price of that will go up depending on how many dogs they have. As of now I am only going to do mowing. I have other contacts for aerating and fertilizing that we can refer each other. My goal this season is to get 50 clients. If I can get 50 clients that live were I live with all the same size yard I think I will be golden. Of course if I get clients that have bigger lots I will gladly take that. I have all new equipment as I will be posting later. I have insurance and all the fun legal stuff I need. Grass still isn't growing yet and still getting out of dormancy so I have been in a marketing scramble :D
Wish me luck!

Sprinkler Buddy
04-15-2013, 05:40 AM
I would go by the size of the dogs rather the #'s. lol

Good luck in your new venture.

Steve
04-15-2013, 11:19 AM
Best of luck to you! You can do it!

What are your marketing plans to attract those customers?

Matther777
04-15-2013, 12:07 PM
Best of luck to you! You can do it!

What are your marketing plans to attract those customers?

At the moment it has been handing out business cards and word of mouth. I am working on getting door hangers.

Steve
04-16-2013, 11:29 AM
That is good! Keep talking to people and letting them know you are in business and you will grow. I look forwards to your updates!

GreenBlue
04-16-2013, 02:30 PM
At the moment it has been handing out business cards and word of mouth. I am working on getting door hangers.

Best of luck to you, keep us updated.