PDA

View Full Version : Which way is the economy going now?

Steve
04-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Which way do you think the economy is going now? Will it start to pick up or are we headed for a longer slowdown?

Fed sees economy getting worse (http://money.cnn.com/2008/04/08/news/economy/fed_minutes/index.htm?cnn=yes) - Some members of the Federal Reserve are worried about the possibility of a "severe and protracted downturn" in the U.S. economy that could last into next year, according to the minutes of the central bank's latest meeting released Tuesday.

The minutes show that some Fed policymakers are concerned the problems in the "housing sector had deepened and that considerable uncertainty surrounded the outlook for housing."

UniversityLandscapers
04-08-2008, 07:13 PM
I think it's flatlined a bit, unless we get another panic situation like with Bear Stearns a few weeks ago. I play the Fantasy Stock Exchange game on Facebook, and I've made a 10% return in the last two weeks...so it's not all bad right now.

Steve
04-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Quote[/b] ]I play the Fantasy Stock Exchange game on Facebook, and I've made a 10% return in the last two weeks...so it's not all bad right now.

Oh how do you like that? Is it fun?

UniversityLandscapers
04-08-2008, 11:30 PM
I love it. I start business school next year, and I really enjoy the financial/investment side of the business world. It's a great way to learn the stock market without risking any real money. It gives you $10 million to play around with, so you can really spread your investments.