PDA

View Full Version : new business idea and I need your opinion

justin_time
03-26-2008, 12:08 AM
I'm thinking of getting myself a computer shop / repairs / websites / copy centre. I would eventually add where you can come for little How to seminars about computer (I'm thinking teaching Word, Excel and Powerpoint.. nothing hard) just simple tips to get around

I am thinking of running an online survey off www.jitys.ca and ask people to go put their opinion and i'll send flyers to tell them to go visit my site.

I am hoping I can keep Just in Time in business.

What does anybody think

Good idea or bad ?

musician/lawnman
03-26-2008, 12:30 AM
I'm not sure what it is your asking? Is the business a good idea? The survey?

justin_time
03-26-2008, 12:32 AM
Quote[/b] (musician/lawnman @ Mar. 25 2008,11:30)]I'm not sure what it is your asking? *Is the business a good idea? *The survey?
both

All Aspects Landscaping
03-26-2008, 07:11 AM
probably a good idea to choose one a stick with it... both have overhead, but seems to me that leasing a storefront would require more capital. Several years ago my wife and I owned the landscape co. and a hair salon. It worked cause we both worked our butts off. We individually dedicated our lives to our businesses. Seeing each other only at 11pm, when I had to be up at 6...it stunk... We've since sold the salon (due to two children, and her desire to be home with them), and she actually runs my office now. What Im trying to tell you is that unless you have another you stashed away somewhere, you may be left with two failing businesses. Good Luck with your choices.

Steve
03-26-2008, 09:48 AM
Justin,

Which business do you think you would enjoy more?

justin_time
03-26-2008, 11:21 AM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Mar. 26 2008,8:48)]Justin,

Which business do you think you would enjoy more?
Both

ritchiem
03-26-2008, 11:27 AM
I do believe you need to decide on what you want to do. I know you are still young and full of spunk (and I think you are a good guy) but one person can only do so much well. Where do you see yourself as being the most focused (and don't say both :P) computers or the green industry? What business do you think will keep you busy longer?

I think that both businesses are over populated with fly by nighters and it may be hard to establish yourself as a professional in two trades.

If you really like the computer idea...I would work hard in the green biz and save up for your storefront.

Steve
03-26-2008, 11:33 AM
I like both ideas, but I do think you are better off focusing on one and becoming really good at it. You should make a list of what you like about each and see in the end which business idea has more pluses than minuses. I'd love to see what you come up with too!