PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday's Mulch Job

LawnBoy0311
04-05-2013, 05:23 AM
So yesterday I'm out spreading mulch. 2nd day in a row....and coming off a winter where I did NOTHING but drink liquor and eat.

So as I'm spreading, my body is starting to really hurt. The only thing I could think of was the line from the movie Happy Gilmore.

Elderly lady: My fingers hurt.
Orderly: What's that?
Elderly lady: My fingers hurt.
Orderly: Oh, well now your back's gonna hurt, cuz you just pulled landscaping duty. Anyone else's fingers hurt? Didn't think so.

Then as we are just about done, I told my worker that I really wish I had dinner waiting when I got home....but I know my wife would be getting home the same time I would and dinner wouldn't be ready. He was sayig the exact same thing. A second after we stopped talking, his phone text message sound goes off. His girlfriend told him to stop at 7-Eleven and get dinner because got hungry and already ate.

willshome
04-05-2013, 06:21 AM
His girlfriend told him to stop at 7-Eleven and get dinner because got hungry and already ate.

Really dinner from 7-11 hotdogs and Nachos !!!!

LawnBoy0311
04-05-2013, 06:46 AM
I have to say, those nachos are pretty damn good. Those taquitos are too!

Steve
04-05-2013, 03:59 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uPsbDUZvfFo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LOL Great movie reference.

GreenBlue
04-06-2013, 09:23 PM
This is the dream of owning a lawn care business? :D

SECTLANDSCAPING
04-06-2013, 09:35 PM
I noticed it too. After sitting around watching the weather and sitting behind a wheel all winter. When that first clean up came around. I was tired in a hour. It was about 50 out and I was sweating.

LawnBoy0311
04-08-2013, 05:32 AM
I noticed it too. After sitting around watching the weather and sitting behind a wheel all winter. When that first clean up came around. I was tired in a hour. It was about 50 out and I was sweating.

My wife and I took a "formal" picture on our cruise we went on, I saw the picture yesterday. I got fat. I'm already getting busy for this year, so hopefully I can drop the extra pounds!

dell
04-08-2013, 11:26 AM
to charge commercial and what to charge residential. i need some help i don't know what to charge the commercial and residential properties. i charge 0.06 (per sq foot) commercial and 0.08 (per sq foot) residential is that enought?i live in canada.
thank's for your input.

Steve
04-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Ultimately you can charge what the market will bear. If you can get commercial properties to pay you more, good for you, charge them more. If you find customers are turning down your bids, you either need to adjust your pricing or choose other services to offer that you can perform within an acceptable financial range.

GreenBlue
04-08-2013, 10:07 PM
LawnBoy its been 3 days since your post, how you been feeling? Getting use to the job again?

LawnBoy0311
04-09-2013, 05:35 AM
LawnBoy its been 3 days since your post, how you been feeling? Getting use to the job again?

Ehhhhhhhh............slowly. This week should get me back into shape! Yesterday was busy and the rest of this week are going to be crazy busy! The calls keep coming in which is a good thing!

Are you guys getting everything lined up? Doing lots of quotes?