PDA

View Full Version : New Equipment and Trailer for 2013

dtacmed
04-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Just retired and instad of buying a boat I bought this. Have been part-time lawn service for years time to step it up a little

Exmark Lazer Z "S" series 52"
Exmark Turf Tracer "S" series 36"
21" Toro Super Recycler personal pace
14' custom built trailer from Red Hot Welding in SC

LawnBoy0311
04-04-2013, 06:52 AM
I love it! Is everything brand new? It looks great!!!! What was your thought on going with a 21" and a 36"?

Sprinkler Buddy
04-04-2013, 07:43 AM
When I retire, I'll take the boat. lol

Nice set-up!

Steve
04-04-2013, 12:54 PM
It's like Santa came early this year! How exciting!

What did all that replace?

dtacmed
04-04-2013, 01:38 PM
I love it! Is everything brand new? It looks great!!!! What was your thought on going with a 21" and a 36"?

We have some areas around here with extremly small yards. They could be mowed with a bubble mower if it had a blade. The 21 is for those. 36" for bigger lawns and for lawns with banks, hills too steep to ride etc. Yep everything brand new.

dtacmed
04-04-2013, 01:41 PM
It's like Santa came early this year! How exciting!

What did all that replace?

A old yazokees 52", 21" craftsman push and a 5x10 trailer with smaller tires. The yazoo is now my bushhog mower.

GreenBlue
04-04-2013, 05:34 PM
We have some areas around here with extremly small yards. They could be mowed with a bubble mower if it had a blade. The 21 is for those. 36" for bigger lawns and for lawns with banks, hills too steep to ride etc. Yep everything brand new.

Nice setup, pretty much what I'll be doing, we're getting a 36 inch commercial mower for bigger lawns, and most people around here only use these for residential, the bigger mowers only are used for commercial properties or people who own alot of land, but where I live its either a push mower or a 36 inch commercial being used. Not quite ready for big commercial, so I'm only sticking with small commercial properties when we start out. Pretty good retirement idea though, are you going to try to build it and have family take over eventually?

dtacmed
04-04-2013, 08:31 PM
Nice setup, pretty much what I'll be doing, we're getting a 36 inch commercial mower for bigger lawns, and most people around here only use these for residential, the bigger mowers only are used for commercial properties or people who own alot of land, but where I live its either a push mower or a 36 inch commercial being used. Not quite ready for big commercial, so I'm only sticking with small commercial properties when we start out. Pretty good retirement idea though, are you going to try to build it and have family take over eventually?

Not sure at this point

Steve
04-05-2013, 04:48 PM
What made you go with that setup versus other potential options?

dtacmed
04-05-2013, 10:27 PM
What made you go with that setup versus other potential options?

Exmarks and Toro were due to local dealer. Other brands around but have been friends with the guy I bought from. If you are talking S instead of E on the lazer Z if would have to be Because I was set on the "S" most likely not worth the difference in price but If I was going to spend that kind of money I didn't want to look back and think otherwise. For me the 21,36 and 52 will allow me to handle just about any size property I deal with

J.A.S.LawnService
04-06-2013, 09:59 AM
Nice set-up!!!!!

I am picking up a trailer similar to yours on Monday. I have only been in business one year so I am taking baby steps. I hope to have a setup like yours by the end of the season. If the work comes.

Shopping for a used 52" mower, now.

I do mainly residential. My thought on side ramp is that it would save me a lot of time with my smaller properties.

Do you find the side ramp as beneficial?

Ty
Paco Ramirez
J.A.S. Lawn Service

dtacmed
04-07-2013, 09:30 PM
Nice set-up!!!!!

I am picking up a trailer similar to yours on Monday. I have only been in business one year so I am taking baby steps. I hope to have a setup like yours by the end of the season. If the work comes.

Shopping for a used 52" mower, now.

I do mainly residential. My thought on side ramp is that it would save me a lot of time with my smaller properties.

Do you find the side ramp as beneficial?

Ty
Paco Ramirez
J.A.S. Lawn Service

Yes I love it. If I need the 36 0r 21 drop the side and go. Alot less unstrapping.

Emar
04-10-2013, 10:50 PM
Just retired and instad of buying a boat I bought this. Have been part-time lawn service for years time to step it up a little

Exmark Lazer Z "S" series 52"
Exmark Turf Tracer "S" series 36"
21" Toro Super Recycler personal pace
14' custom built trailer from Red Hot Welding in SC

Looking fresh and nice, my style buy new equipment and never think of a break down.