PDA

View Full Version : Keep deer out of my beds

tk4454
04-02-2013, 11:19 PM
I was asked by a client for ways to keep the deer out of his yard, he said he tried a certain type of plant, and some bar soap, but wanted to know other ways as if that stuff wasn't working. Anyone know of any other methods?

SNethercutt
04-03-2013, 12:54 AM
I use a rifle or a bow. Mg buddies use their trucks sometimes. Never tried soap... does he throw it at them? Haha

I have a catalog that might have a product in it. Let me get back to you.... have you tried Google?

The Cleaning Doctor
04-03-2013, 01:25 AM
Small pack of wolves or a bear maybe?

LawnBoy0311
04-03-2013, 07:47 AM
Pass my info along to them. But tell them the blood splatter will wash out after a while.

kslawn
04-03-2013, 10:16 AM
My aunt said she has a book, she's going to see if she can find it for me but, said it has a spray that you can put where you dont want the deer & is soposed to work good,, you could also fence yourself in & them out too! some people have put wrap arround tree's & plants as well & works for the most part, like burlap...

kslawn
04-03-2013, 10:53 AM
Try this web site www.cbm-march.com/nixalite has all kinds of stuff for pests deer,squirrels, etc...then look under - animal control repelents.

Steve
04-03-2013, 01:11 PM
Would they consider installing any sort of deer fencing?

http://www.deerfencers.com/images/main-net.jpg

SECTLANDSCAPING
04-03-2013, 01:19 PM
Theres all kinds of plants, sprays, sounds, thats are suppose to work but if a deer is hungry enough he just wont give a ****.

Do as steve said and build a fence. Its the most profitable solution for your business too.

OR find a guy on cragslist looking for land to hunt on. I see a post every few weeks from a bow hunter.

SNethercutt
04-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Check out some of the products from Bonide. I have heard lots of great things from the resident lawn and garden expert in houston. He reccomends it quite a bit. just a thought.

I still prefer to use a .378 Weatherby Mag... its all prefrence thought.

Grass Doctor
04-04-2013, 12:32 AM
simple salt pepper will do the job buddy

Steve
04-04-2013, 12:52 PM
Something that might help you sell a deer fence is that if deer are on the property, so might deer ticks that carry lyme disease.

CHEESE2009
04-08-2013, 03:10 PM
Land mines will work best.

When you hear an explosion, it's time to turn the bbq on.

The Cleaning Doctor
04-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Keep deer out of my beds

I usually just shut the bedroom door.

kslawn
04-09-2013, 01:50 PM
try coyote piss! you can get it at any sporting goods store..

jskew113
05-01-2013, 11:24 AM
The best thing that I have found to keep deer out is a motion activated sprinkler like this:

http://www.havahart.com/store/animal-repellents/spray-away

I live in a fairly rural area and there are deer everywhere. I have a mulch customer who basically lives in the woods and he turned me on to the product. Completely passive system. No re-applications of sprays, no fences. Just need a water hose. Not great for getting a recurring bill, but very effective.

I was curious just how well it would work. I live on a farm and can see 15-20 deer from my house almost every night. I set up a couple Indian Hawthorne, which deer go crazy for, and set up one of the sprinklers. Came back the next morning and they hadn't been touched. Left it set up for a couple days and still nothing. If I would have left them out overnight without the sprinklers out I'm very confident they would have been picked clean. The customers I have recommended it to have been extremely happy.

Steve
05-01-2013, 12:02 PM
That is a great idea!

I bet some home owners would love them to keep people from walking dogs on their lawn too! LOL