PDA

View Full Version : Update for spring.

BelleCityLawn1
04-02-2013, 11:13 AM
Hey guys,

I just wanted to post a little update. I had a very good winter and ended up making more than I had though I would(which is a good problem). Ive built my website in the last year, promoted it on my facebook business page, listed my website everywhere, used adwords, promoted my service with my customers, put out about 1,500 door hangers, used craigslist everyday, hung posters in stores, handed out business cards, pushed my business with other companies, used my truck/trailer as advertisement, gone door to door, newspaper, and others I can't think of right now. I have given out multiple estimates which I have landed a few but I am still waiting on a bigger commercial job to get back to me. I am just wondering if there is anything I can do to get more calls. I feel like I should have more accounts for the amount of effort and money I have put into advertising. The snow has finally melted and we should be mowing in 2ish weeks.

Check out my website: http://www.bellecitylawncare.com/

Thanks!

LawnBoy0311
04-02-2013, 12:09 PM
How many accounts did you get? Most people dont think of lawn care till it gets warm and they hear mowers. Keep advertising, never stop doing that.

Steve
04-02-2013, 12:16 PM
I had a very good winter and ended up making more than I had though I would(which is a good problem).

This is great! Are you harnessing these customers? Do you have winter customers turn into mowing customers? Are you asking them for referrals? Giving them additional business cards? Are you marketing to the neighbors of your customers?

BelleCityLawn1
04-02-2013, 12:50 PM
I have about 5 right now. I had 5 last year but 2 dropped out, one moved and the other was for a agency who worked for the state on selling houses. Both loved my service but did not need it anymore. I have picked up 2 new accounts, one a snow removal customer and one from a referral. I had about 25 accounts for snow removal in my first year. I gave them all special discounts for lawn care but not many seemed interested. I send out business cards every 2 months with my invoices to each customer.

Thanks!

jymie
04-02-2013, 01:52 PM
On your website, instead of where you have your contact number, put it in the top portion of your header, so they see it right away, most people dont want to search for your number. Put it right under the business name. Your keywords should list all the towns you service, also use zipcodes in the keywords along with all your services. You can use google adwords keyword tool to come up with good keywords. Make sure your heading tag says your business name followed by phone number then some keywords, not a lot but the most important services you offer. Having the phone right after business name makes it appear in the search page listing. Also have you submitted your site to all the free business directories? Also submit your business in google places, bing places and yahoo places, that will guarantee you 1st page of the searches.

BelleCityLawn1
04-02-2013, 02:20 PM
jymie,

Thanks for the info. I did add my number to the header and tags. I have the cities and zip codes I serve already as keywords. I have added it to pretty much every online listing possibility, although you can always find more!

Thanks!

Mayor of Mow Town
04-02-2013, 04:10 PM
Hey Tim

Like LawnBoy said, it may have something to do with timing.

It could also be to do with your message.

For example, the images (background & bottom) on your home page make me think of winter, rather than spring. Changing these to match the season may help keep visitors on your website longer (hopefully so they read more and then call you).

You also have a $25 discount on your home page that gets a bit lost in the other information. I also think $25 off what I would spend over a year doesn't seem much incentive (or is it $25 off / month).

I think it is awesome that you are trying lots of different things, but sometimes you have to pick a couple of things to tweak and test in an effort to improve the response.

BelleCityLawn1
04-02-2013, 06:43 PM
Mayor of Mow Town,

I am working on my website as I write this. I put those pictures on it last fall for winter and I just forgot to change them as spring comes. When do you seem to pick up alot of your customers? Right before mowing or for months before?

Thanks!

ratchetmaster2
04-02-2013, 09:17 PM
I thought your website was really good! I didn't have a problem finding your phone number, and I wasn't even looking for it. I do agree that it gives the wrong mood though. You have a lot of pictures of winter, when you should be emphasizing the rebirth and rapid growth that is the springtime.

I really want to know who designed your website. Just curious, what did you pay for it?

BelleCityLawn1
04-03-2013, 08:04 AM
ratchetmaster2,

I actually republished it last night at about 10pm. So you might want to go back and take another look at it. I fixed about everything I could think of and added alot of detail. I actually built it myself. As much as I would love for someone else to build me a website I do not have the money to have them do it for me. It has kinda been my "project" this past winter. It runs me the price of the domain name so it is rather cheap.

Thanks!