PDA

View Full Version : get that concrete clean

SNethercutt
04-02-2013, 03:36 AM
So I know many of you offer pressure washing? But what do you use to get out those stains that won't come off your customers concrete? Or old oil spots?

I just wanted to let you know of another under rated dollar store product.

The Works Toilet Bowl CLEANER. They make many different products but I'm talking about the cleaner.

It stinks like throw up and its green,

But pour it on, scrub a minute and let it sit. You really don't need a pressure washer. But it helps. Don't let it sit too long or you will turn that little dark spot into a big light colored stain, if your not using a pressure washer.

This stuff cost $1.50 I believe down here. Its hydrochloric acid after mixing with water if my Chen class isn't failing me now. But don't mix with water. Use it straight. Works wonders. Better than the stuff at HD that's 40 a gallon. This stuff will run you $6 a gallon. Give it a shot at your own place before using to mame sure you are happy with the results.

GreenBlue
04-02-2013, 08:15 AM
So I know many of you offer pressure washing? But what do you use to get out those stains that won't come off your customers concrete? Or old oil spots?

I just wanted to let you know of another under rated dollar store product.

The Works Toilet Bowl CLEANER. They make many different products but I'm talking about the cleaner.

It stinks like throw up and its green,

But pour it on, scrub a minute and let it sit. You really don't need a pressure washer. But it helps. Don't let it sit too long or you will turn that little dark spot into a big light colored stain, if your not using a pressure washer.

This stuff cost $1.50 I believe down here. Its hydrochloric acid after mixing with water if my Chen class isn't failing me now. But don't mix with water. Use it straight. Works wonders. Better than the stuff at HD that's 40 a gallon. This stuff will run you $6 a gallon. Give it a shot at your own place before using to mame sure you are happy with the results.

I'll have to try it when I get my business going, as I'll be offering power washing.

Steve
04-02-2013, 12:04 PM
Very interesting! Have you used it in the field yet? How did you like it? Any before and after pics?

The Cleaning Doctor
04-03-2013, 12:18 AM
It amazes me that you have no inhibitions of using an acid and then washing it down a storm drain that is usually not treated before it hits the streams. I am not a tree hugger but we do need to use some caution when it comes to the environment. Laws are getting tougher and tougher when it comes to pressure washing as it is.

SECTLANDSCAPING
04-03-2013, 12:37 AM
It amazes me that you have no inhibitions of using an acid and then washing it down a storm drain that is usually not treated before it hits the streams. I am not a tree hugger but we do need to use some caution when it comes to the environment. Laws are getting tougher and tougher when it comes to pressure washing as it is.

If there real serious about pressure washing, theyll get a reclaim machine. I had to get one when I got a contract for a few dozen gas stations.

There not cheap but its better then the $5000 fine per occurrence.

When we did the gas stations we had to block the sewer drains and anywhere water would run off. Then the reclaim machine would suck the grey water up, filter it and then it could be drained into a sewer.

The Cleaning Doctor
04-03-2013, 07:25 AM
Yep. If you look at it like littering (because you can see it) what is the difference if you throw that one little piece of paper out the window? Well then others think the same thing and pretty soon you have to have soldiers or inmates picking up trash along the roads. Yes soldiers do that in AK.

There are some idiots out there that want you to reclaim water coming of the siding of the home when you wash it. All because they are afraid of some soap getting into the ground. Now you put the word acid in there and now they are calling an exorcist.

Besides, most of those dark spots can be cleaned without the use of chemicals if you have the proper equipment. Hint: It is not sold at Home Depot or Lowes.

SNethercutt
04-03-2013, 10:55 AM
OK calm down. I think if it was harmful to the environment and didn't break down in water, they wouldn't tell you to put it in your toilet to flush and send to a treatment facility with microbials and the such. Just my .02 on that.

And if you have never been to Houston, I suggest you not come if you are worried about toilet bowl cleaner in the water. My dad removes DDT from the ship channel for a living. Along with every other company that pumps start up waste into a salt dome for use after the facility is running... think those salt domes don't leak? Yeah right. My toilet bowl cleaner is the least of our problems down here.

And as for laws... why make laws stricter is we can't even enforce the ones we have now? That doesn't make any sense.

And a little insight about the EPA

DDT was what they used to stop the malaria outbreak in Africa in the 60s and 70s, until outlawed in the 70s for its harmful side effects. Did you ever run behind a mesquito truck as a kid? You know what that was? DDT. A said carcenogen. Also said it made eagle eggs soft effecting the birth of bald eagles.

Now they want to bring it back due to west Nile, but nobody wants to make it. Imagine that. Does it shorten the life expectantcy of the workers in the plants who make it. Yes. I have seen a lot of my dads friends pass at a fairly young age 50 and 60, who worked around it. But what's the life expectancy of an under water welder 40 or 50?

People cry about things when nobody really has a clue what's going on. Do you use or recommend scotts bonus s? Atrazine, very dangerous, just like DDT is not biodegradeable and builds up through the trophic levels. Doesn't break down in water. Kids test positive for it from playing in lawns that were treated 30 days prior to playing.

And your complaining about toilet cleaner. And what's wrong with inmates picking up trash? My tax dollar is paying to house them and feed them and bathe them and provide them medicine, dental and doctor care. So why can't they work? Your state pays your local county or city around $100 a day to house an inmate. So if your city has 300 incarcerated inmates, that's 30,000 your state is taking out of it road & bridge, educational or 2nd amendment protection fund to house that idiot. So j think out of gratitude he can get out there and pick up some trash.

SECTLANDSCAPING
04-03-2013, 12:09 PM
OK calm down. I think if it was harmful to the environment and didn't break down in water, they wouldn't tell you to put it in your toilet to flush and send to a treatment facility with microbials and the such. Just my .02 on that.

If you read exactly what Cleaning Doctor said. The water from your toilet and sink goes to the treatment center.

The water from sewers goes to canals, rivers, and lakes. Its never treated.

Dumping anything in the sewer is a violation of the clean water act.
http://www.epa.gov/lawsregs/laws/cwa.html

I had the EPA inspect my equipment on four different jobs. Luckily I was completely legal or I wouldve been doing six jobs to pay the fine. If you dont want to follow the laws dont but when you get caught dont try to play ignorant.

This conversation is no different then using pesticides without a license. Phosphorus is legal to use on most lawns even though it doesnt breakdown. Whats happening now communities are starting to regulate its use. Theres more and more phosphorus free fertilizers on the market now.

I like to use TSP which inst banned but at one point was in every dish soap, detergent, and household cleaner. Then it started polluting the water and the major manufactures took it out of their products.

Heres a ad from a industrial cleaner
http://www.mechanizedcleaningsolutions.com/Reclamation_Pressure_Washing.html

ADVANTAGES OF WASTE WATER RECLAMATION:

•Hiring a contractor who has the ability to reclaim used wash water is the best way to avoid costly fines from governmental authorities tasked with enforcing the Clean Water Act.

•Waste water reclamation allows the use of hot water which is a far superior method in most cleaning situations.

•Unless the project you want your contractor to perform is giant, the cost of reclamation pressure washing is less than the vacuum truck fees incurred when a local inspector requires that a storm drain basin be cleaned out.

•Although more expensive to employ, reclamation pressure washing ensures that the used wash water which is usually unpleasant to smell or even to look at, is not discharged to a place where the wildlife present are biologically unequipped to deal with it and remain healthy.

•In a developed where the used wash water will run to a storm drain, regardless of the dirt or contaminants you want your contractor to clean up, waste water capture is the only option if you don’t want your waste discharged directly to the nearest stream, river, lake, or the Puget Sound.

The Cleaning Doctor
04-03-2013, 03:16 PM

And if you have never been to Houston, I suggest you not come if you are worried about toilet bowl cleaner in the water. My dad removes DDT from the ship channel for a living. Along with every other company that pumps start up waste into a salt dome for use after the facility is running... think those salt domes don't leak? Yeah right. My toilet bowl cleaner is the least of our problems down here.

And as for laws... why make laws stricter is we can't even enforce the ones we have now? That doesn't make any sense.

And a little insight about the EPA

DDT was what they used to stop the malaria outbreak in Africa in the 60s and 70s, until outlawed in the 70s for its harmful side effects. Did you ever run behind a mesquito truck as a kid? You know what that was? DDT. A said carcenogen. Also said it made eagle eggs soft effecting the birth of bald eagles.

Now they want to bring it back due to west Nile, but nobody wants to make it. Imagine that. Does it shorten the life expectantcy of the workers in the plants who make it. Yes. I have seen a lot of my dads friends pass at a fairly young age 50 and 60, who worked around it. But what's the life expectancy of an under water welder 40 or 50?

People cry about things when nobody really has a clue what's going on. Do you use or recommend scotts bonus s? Atrazine, very dangerous, just like DDT is not biodegradeable and builds up through the trophic levels. Doesn't break down in water. Kids test positive for it from playing in lawns that were treated 30 days prior to playing.

And your complaining about toilet cleaner. And what's wrong with inmates picking up trash? My tax dollar is paying to house them and feed them and bathe them and provide them medicine, dental and doctor care. So why can't they work? Your state pays your local county or city around $100 a day to house an inmate. So if your city has 300 incarcerated inmates, that's 30,000 your state is taking out of it road & bridge, educational or 2nd amendment protection fund to house that idiot. So j think out of gratitude he can get out there and pick up some trash.

First of all, I have lived in Houston so I know what is there.

I don't recommend any chemicals but if some need to be used I believe that the weakest ones that are required to get the job done are to be used. If you had any clue as to what was going on in Houston, the pressure washing business was almost shut down due to city regulations and many pressure washing companies came together and educated officials on what they were doing.

Every time someone says this little bit will not hurt it adds to the build up of chemicals.

As far as your comment on picking up trash, you complain on the amount of money spent to house them. Well how about the additional funds needed to have a trash detail. 1-2 guards in addition to what is at the prison and a vehicle to transport them.

Oklahoma had a billboard I saw once that stated it costs 4 million a year to clean up trash along the roads. Well if you did not throw it out the window it would cost nothing to pick up.

Littering is illegal too and just because there are prisoners that can clean it up does not mean that we should fund that. People seem to thing that it is FREE labor but they don't take into account the guards or vehicles.

Oh and no, we did not have mosquito trucks running around our neighborhoods.

SNethercutt
04-03-2013, 08:58 PM
You can look at it as having to have more guards, but you don't. You only need one. That's all we use in our county. But they not only pick up trash, but they help pave roads, now, spray fences, maintain county equipment, wash county vehicles, mow, clean the jail courthouse sherrifs office and 2 local police stations.

Doesn't cost them anything more than having to hire people to do these things. As a matter of fact, I believe since the mowing contracts for city and county were cut, it saved over 200,000 in mowing contracts alone.

When you have inmates "trustees" do jobs like these, it saves the county from paying someone 14-19 an hour to do it. Instead they send them out to the precicnts, and the precincts send them out to help the county employees. County employees are still working but work more efficiently with free help. And each precinct has 6 inmate workers. One for each employ is what it comes down to.

You end up with

Lots of saved money, clean right of ways, mowed grass all over the county, maintained landscape at all county facilities, clean squad cars without spending money at the car wash, no need for a cleaning crew for county or city buildings.... the list goes on and on. If they were just picking up trash, wouldn't be any benefits. With all of the above, the cost to pickup trash is completely offset. As the mowing crew is also the trash pickup crew. So they save $200,000+ each year for all the city's in the county combined, and have to pay out say $35,000? A year to a peace officer to watch these guys. And their vehicle they ride around in, are ciezed in drugs bust. No cost their.

SECTLANDSCAPING
04-03-2013, 09:07 PM
since this turned to inmate labor check this out.

Pig Added To Decal On Police Cars By Vt. Inmate

A prison inmate who makes stationery and license plates pulled a fast one on state police by adding the image of a pig to the state decal on their cruisers.

On the 16-inch car door decals, made by prisoners in Windsor, one of the spots on a cow in a scene with mountains and a pine tree has been changed to the shape of a pig, a derogatory term for police.

A Vermont state trooper discovered the pig while inspecting his vehicle on Wednesday. State police say they believe the decals have been added to about 30 cruisers in the past year.

About 60 altered decals were made over the last couple of years, said Andy Pallito, commissioner of the Department of Corrections, which is looking into who made the modification and when.

New decals will be made by Monday at a cost of $780. The expense will be covered by a surplus in the revolving fund that supports the offender work program, Pallito said.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/02/pig-added-to-decal-on-cop-car_n_1250933.html

JeffK26
04-03-2013, 09:52 PM
To sum up this post.........

SECT and Cleaning Doc giving valid factual reasons not to be a dipsh*t.

Another giving EXCUSES why it's ok to be one.

It turned into a debate over inmates because there is no way around explaining how toilet bowl cleaner in a toilet bowl goes to a treatment plant ( which is a reclamation machine ) vs dumping it down a sewer and soak into the soil which would be the same as if the toilet drained into the rivers, streams etc.

No where in your post Snether did you explain whether DDT is safe today and previous studies were wrong. You simply said, people want to use it again. Did it all of a sudden become safe? Was it always safe and we were lied to? Or was it always safe and studies were wrong?

So people that develop sicknesses due to unsafe practices should just accept it even though other safe alternatives are in use? We all know reclamation machines are expensive, but yeesh! you're trying to run a business why should you spend money on a machine to keep everything safe and healthy? right?

Do it right or don't do it. Excuses don't make something ok to do.

SNethercutt
04-03-2013, 10:13 PM
You all have valid points.

but when mixed with water, HCl becomes nothing.

The H+ ions become slightly more positive and the Cl- ions become slightly less negative allowing the water molecules to separate them, leaving you with two different chemical substances. One being Hydrogen, the other being Chlorine. And less than 2% of the whole bottle is Hydrogen Chloride, which when mixed with water is Hydrochloric Acid, until mixed with enough water to dissolve it, which doesn't take much.

And yes studies have shown that DDT is not as dangerous as once thought. The atrazine in weed and feed is more harmful at the low percentage available to you and me, than a gallon of DDT.

Also RoundUp is less harmful than a cup of coffee if ingested, no bull.

and if you would like me to site my sources, I worked in a lab at my dads during a college project. I got to read all types of report and documentation. He works for GB bio-sciences, a Syngenta corp. company. They mayke herbicides, pesticides and fungicides. Daconil, Daconate, Bueno 6, Atrazine (Louisiana plant i believe) glyphosphate. They used to make Agent Orange and DDT (diamond shamrock) back when it was used, I even got to read some of these reports, from back then they said it was all horrible stuff, now with new and better technology they have different conclusions and outlooks on benefits vs. rewards.

GreenBlue
04-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Ok, how did we get on the topic of DDT when this post was on power washing? I am intrigued but confused at the same time :confused:

SNethercutt
04-04-2013, 04:50 PM
Did you read?

I mentioned it after it was brought up about what's harmful and bad for the environment.

And I was simply making a point that just because some group of people say this or that is bad, doesn't mean it is.

People wanna take guns away, but 100x more people are killed by malpractice than killed by guns last year.... so if guns killing 8,XXX people is solo bad to get rid of them, then why not get rid of the doctors that killed 90,XXX people?

Sometimes in life you just gotta read through the bull crap and figure it out.

GreenBlue
04-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Did you read?

I mentioned it after it was brought up about what's harmful and bad for the environment.

And I was simply making a point that just because some group of people say this or that is bad, doesn't mean it is.

People wanna take guns away, but 100x more people are killed by malpractice than killed by guns last year.... so if guns killing 8,XXX people is solo bad to get rid of them, then why not get rid of the doctors that killed 90,XXX people?

Sometimes in life you just gotta read through the bull crap and figure it out.

Oh ok, I see now. Unfortunately that's the kind of world we live in, the rich get richer while the poor get poorer and the poor foots the bills for the rich, and the Government caters to the rich.

The Cleaning Doctor
04-04-2013, 09:12 PM
All it is going to take is for one green wenie to call the envoro police or you could be working next door to someone working for the EPA and you can be in some big trouble.

It has nothing to do with being rich or getting richer.

My whole point was to prevent someone from getting into trouble with bad advice. You can take it or not, makes no difference to me.

I am just glad that you are not in my area. We have enough polution to just be using chemicals indescriminately.

Your little bit may not hurt but everyone doing the same thing will. Just like the littering example. If nobody did it there would be no problem.

As for your reports, have you stopped to thing that those reports are produced by the same people that make the product?

You know why r12 and r22 are no longer made? The patent for Dupont was running out so they had to come up with the ozone hole theory.

Matther777
04-04-2013, 09:18 PM
I know paint thinner works fine for removing oil stains

GreenBlue
04-04-2013, 10:38 PM
All it is going to take is for one green wenie to call the envoro police or you could be working next door to someone working for the EPA and you can be in some big trouble.

It has nothing to do with being rich or getting richer.

My whole point was to prevent someone from getting into trouble with bad advice. You can take it or not, makes no difference to me.

I am just glad that you are not in my area. We have enough polution to just be using chemicals indescriminately.

Your little bit may not hurt but everyone doing the same thing will. Just like the littering example. If nobody did it there would be no problem.

As for your reports, have you stopped to thing that those reports are produced by the same people that make the product?

You know why r12 and r22 are no longer made? The patent for Dupont was running out so they had to come up with the ozone hole theory.

I see your point. You all have helped me with alot and I don't want to jeopardize anything by saying anything that could alter that.

The Cleaning Doctor
04-05-2013, 09:37 AM
I see your point. You all have helped me with alot and I don't want to jeopardize anything by saying anything that could alter that.

Nothing is going to alter that. I used to pressure wash and I hate it when people try random stuff without any knowledge of the chemical itself.

SNethercutt
04-06-2013, 08:17 PM
I understand your point and I'm not saying you are wrong.

And I don't just go around pouring it on every stain I see. I try other means to get it off first. That's a last resort. I was just saying that it works. Its for.... stubborn stains not every stain :)

On a good note. I believe I got my website issue fixed, with the speed. But I do know when you type in lawn care xxxxxx Tx (xxxxx is my town) im the first Google place that pops up. My website isn't at the top yet, but its been there one day and created two potential leads. All in a days work :p

JeffK26
04-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Also RoundUp is less harmful than a cup of coffee if ingested, no bull.

Great. Let me see a youtube video of you drinking a cup of DDT.

JeffK26
04-06-2013, 09:50 PM
Oh ok, I see now. Unfortunately that's the kind of world we live in, the rich get richer while the poor get poorer and the poor foots the bills for the rich, and the Government caters to the rich.

Actually that's not true. There are more new rich people than ever before in history. Forbes top 100 rich people have become rich in recent years.

The old stereotype that rich people are born rich no longer exists. Don't get me wrong, family money does exist, but the stereotype that the only rich people are those that come from families that have been rich for centuries is bullcrap.

Even Steve Jobs ( who is now dead ) and Bill Gates have only become rich over the past couple decades. Zuckerberg ( Facebook ) over a few years. Oprah, a couple decades.

Rich getting richer and poor getting poorer is a false analogy based on a zero sum game. The economy is not zero sum.

It's not about money, it's about drive. The poor will get poorer if they choose not to work hard to achieve goals. The rich will get richer, because of the practices they keep doing that got them rich in the first place.

It's a game of numbers. I have the drive to get rich. I'm one person. For every one person like me that will work their a** off to make something there are 20 people that choose to do nothing. In that case your argument is valid. But that isn't because I'm ripping people off, taking more money. It's because I choose to work harder than the other 20 people that choose to do less.

There is not a finite number of dollar bills in the economy where i take 100 dollars another person has 100 less dollars.

The rich may get richer, but it's not because they are taking money out of the poor's wallets. It's because the poor don't have the drive to make money.

It's like a runner. The runner wants to break a 5 minute mile, he works harder to do so. He's not making someone else slower with his hard work to make himself faster. The slower runner, and the people that don't run just don't feel like making themselves faster.

Basically the richer my customer's get, the richer I get as long as I want to work hard to get the money my customer's get for working harder.

Poor people don't hire me. Rich people and people with disposable income do.

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer is a bullcrap saying to get people to find comfort in their poorness by hating the people that work harder than they do.

And taxing the rich more is just an excuse to make people that choose not to bust their a** feel better that the government is doing something to protect them from the so called evil rich.

I'd rather the government protect rich people. Gives me that extra drive to become rich and "protected" other than being a someone that doesn't do a damn thing and gets a handout from a government that punishes the rich for no other reason than they have more than I do.

GreenBlue
04-06-2013, 10:54 PM
Actually that's not true. There are more new rich people than ever before in history. Forbes top 100 rich people have become rich in recent years.

The old stereotype that rich people are born rich no longer exists. Don't get me wrong, family money does exist, but the stereotype that the only rich people are those that come from families that have been rich for centuries is bullcrap.

Even Steve Jobs ( who is now dead ) and Bill Gates have only become rich over the past couple decades. Zuckerberg ( Facebook ) over a few years. Oprah, a couple decades.

Rich getting richer and poor getting poorer is a false analogy based on a zero sum game. The economy is not zero sum.

It's not about money, it's about drive. The poor will get poorer if they choose not to work hard to achieve goals. The rich will get richer, because of the practices they keep doing that got them rich in the first place.

It's a game of numbers. I have the drive to get rich. I'm one person. For every one person like me that will work their a** off to make something there are 20 people that choose to do nothing. In that case your argument is valid. But that isn't because I'm ripping people off, taking more money. It's because I choose to work harder than the other 20 people that choose to do less.

There is not a finite number of dollar bills in the economy where i take 100 dollars another person has 100 less dollars.

The rich may get richer, but it's not because they are taking money out of the poor's wallets. It's because the poor don't have the drive to make money.

It's like a runner. The runner wants to break a 5 minute mile, he works harder to do so. He's not making someone else slower with his hard work to make himself faster. The slower runner, and the people that don't run just don't feel like making themselves faster.

Basically the richer my customer's get, the richer I get as long as I want to work hard to get the money my customer's get for working harder.

Poor people don't hire me. Rich people and people with disposable income do.

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer is a bullcrap saying to get people to find comfort in their poorness by hating the people that work harder than they do.

And taxing the rich more is just an excuse to make people that choose not to bust their a** feel better that the government is doing something to protect them from the so called evil rich.

I'd rather the government protect rich people. Gives me that extra drive to become rich and "protected" other than being a someone that doesn't do a damn thing and gets a handout from a government that punishes the rich for no other reason than they have more than I do.

I was actually talking about the rich not paying as much taxes as the poor and 2nd class citizens and how the Government caters to this, now recently Obama has taxed people making a certain amount per year. The Government caters to the rich because the rich technically run the country, its all about who has the almighty dollar to push a vote. Congress gripes and complains, but yet they drawl a salary and don't pay into Social Security, then they get a huge petition paid by taxpayers upon retirement, but yet if Congress was put on minimum wage I bet things would be alot different.

The Cleaning Doctor
04-07-2013, 11:39 AM
I was actually talking about the rich not paying as much taxes as the poor and 2nd class citizens and how the Government caters to this, now recently Obama has taxed people making a certain amount per year. The Government caters to the rich because the rich technically run the country, its all about who has the almighty dollar to push a vote. Congress gripes and complains, but yet they drawl a salary and don't pay into Social Security, then they get a huge petition paid by taxpayers upon retirement, but yet if Congress was put on minimum wage I bet things would be alot different.

Boy do you have some growing up and learning to do still. Are you saying that you don't want to be that guy that makes $250K? That is not an impossible thing to do you know? Especially owning your own business. And what do you meant that the rich do not pay as much in taxes as the poor. That is BS.

Look at the tax brackets, why are there even tax brackets if you want it to be fair? How come the poor guy only has to give the government 10% of his income where the rich guy has to give the government 35%. Not only is the rich guy paying a higher dollar amount, he is also paying a higher percentage.

Now you say that he can afford it. Of course he can but just like anyone else, including you, they do not like to pay taxes.

You think that taxing the rich more is going to solve problems? How about cutting spending? Are you aware that all these cuts in spending that you hear about are cuts in increases only? Say the budget was $1 million this year and next year we want to spend $1.5 million but we have to make some cuts and we cut out $.25 million. That works out to a 16% cut in spending but in reality is is a 25% increase in spending.

Don't let these morons fool you, the problem is not in the tax code, it is in the spending. Have you ever been in a government office and watched people sleep at their desks? Yeah I have seen it durring their 9-5 job.

In order for this country to succeed, the government should only do what the civilian area can, should or will not do such as the military etc.

Everyone looks at it like a business and look at it as a revenue problem, it is a spending problem.

stevef1201
04-07-2013, 12:52 PM
I only have two words for cleaning bad stains or oil STEAM JENNY, 180 degree to 250 degree water or steam at high pressure cleans everything.
Of course you have to be careful, and have some money (mine cost 4 grand used) but wow what a clean

GreenBlue
04-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Boy do you have some growing up and learning to do still. Are you saying that you don't want to be that guy that makes $250K? That is not an impossible thing to do you know? Especially owning your own business. And what do you meant that the rich do not pay as much in taxes as the poor. That is BS.

Look at the tax brackets, why are there even tax brackets if you want it to be fair? How come the poor guy only has to give the government 10% of his income where the rich guy has to give the government 35%. Not only is the rich guy paying a higher dollar amount, he is also paying a higher percentage.

Now you say that he can afford it. Of course he can but just like anyone else, including you, they do not like to pay taxes.

You think that taxing the rich more is going to solve problems? How about cutting spending? Are you aware that all these cuts in spending that you hear about are cuts in increases only? Say the budget was $1 million this year and next year we want to spend $1.5 million but we have to make some cuts and we cut out $.25 million. That works out to a 16% cut in spending but in reality is is a 25% increase in spending.

Don't let these morons fool you, the problem is not in the tax code, it is in the spending. Have you ever been in a government office and watched people sleep at their desks? Yeah I have seen it durring their 9-5 job.

In order for this country to succeed, the government should only do what the civilian area can, should or will not do such as the military etc.

Everyone looks at it like a business and look at it as a revenue problem, it is a spending problem.

I'm officially to the point where I'll post pictures of my equipment and trailer set up when I get them and maybe a few updates on how my business goes, but other than that I won't be posting any more on here. I'm done saying anything and offering my input and advice and from now on I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut. I've learned what I need to do and not do and that is that, thank you to everyone for their input and help.

Steve
04-08-2013, 02:23 PM
I'm done saying anything and offering my input and advice and from now on I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut. I've learned what I need to do and not do and that is that, thank you to everyone for their input and help.

In all fairness, as the moderator, I think it is important to point out this is a very good learning experience. If you have an idea to experiment with and someone points out...

It may give you pause that there is a potential problem you could run into. I don't know the laws on this, but after hearing some of these responses, it may be prudent to investigate this further.

You may have been saved from trouble down the road, so all in all, the information that was shared was all a good thing.