PDA

View Full Version : New Business in Long Island, NY

LI Green Landscaping
04-01-2013, 07:16 PM
Hey everyone

My name is Jose and I just started up a landscaping company in Long Island, NY called LI Green Landscaping.

I have invested around $16k into a 99 Ford F250 truck with a dump bed and plow, a 42" stander, 36" Scag, 2006 Roadmaster 14'x8' trailer, and other things needed including license, insurance, etc.

I already have one commercial contract with a local baseball league for field prep for $6400 so I think so far not off to a bad start.

I need to get into promoting and marketing and figure out how to get the most clients possible in my first year.

Open to ideas and suggestions

Also please check out my site and lmk what you think: www.ligreenlandscaping.com (http://www.ligreenlandscaping.com) (made it myself)

LawnBoy0311
04-02-2013, 06:35 AM
Good luck this year! A suggestion I have is to cut costs on advertising...we see a lot of people spend too much tryig to push their name out there. Use less expensive methods. Craigslist is great, also any other free classified places. Door hangers and fliers are less expensive too. They take longer to pass out, but really save on costs.

Sounds like your off to a good start, keep it up and push your name out there!

willshome
04-02-2013, 08:09 AM
Hi Jose
I think your on a great start! It's good to see that your doing your homework on here and posted your website on my resource (http://brocktonlawns.wordpress.com/about/) website
Best things you can do
Keep posting your site EVERY WHERE
Letter your truck

Steve
04-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Welcome to our forum!

You did a great job on your website!

What got you interested in starting your own business?

Matther777
04-02-2013, 09:36 PM
Congrats! Hey your website looks great but when I click gallery it then showed some really nice Audi's, Porches, and Beamers. I am not sure how that is Lawn care related.

LI Green Landscaping
04-03-2013, 12:16 AM
Good luck this year! A suggestion I have is to cut costs on advertising...we see a lot of people spend too much tryig to push their name out there. Use less expensive methods. Craigslist is great, also any other free classified places. Door hangers and fliers are less expensive too. They take longer to pass out, but really save on costs.

Sounds like your off to a good start, keep it up and push your name out there!

Thanks.

And yea I am going to start with craigslist and some bandit signs and also am going to do a mailing to certain USPS routes

LI Green Landscaping
04-03-2013, 12:16 AM
Hi Jose
I think your on a great start! It's good to see that your doing your homework on here and posted your website on my resource website
Best things you can do
Keep posting your site EVERY WHERE
Letter your truck

Thanks, I own a vinyl cutter so the truck lettering has already been applied.

I also have experience in internet marketing and SEO/web design so I've begun building backlinks like crazy haha

LI Green Landscaping
04-03-2013, 12:17 AM
Welcome to our forum!

You did a great job on your website!

What got you interested in starting your own business?

Thanks Steve.

I have always been an entrepreneur at heart and already have a couple of other business ventures:

www.5hpstickers.com

www.customcarcases.com

LI Green Landscaping
04-03-2013, 12:19 AM
Congrats! Hey your website looks great but when I click gallery it then showed some really nice Audi's, Porches, and Beamers. I am not sure how that is Lawn care related.

Thanks, and yes I know that is there, just filler pics but I should probably delete them and leave the gallery blank until I get some properties done and can add pics of them to the portfolio/gallery

The site isn't complete, maybe 85% to 90% done. Still need to take care of that and the "Our Mission" snippet on the About Us page and also add pictures of my team members

Steve
04-03-2013, 12:57 PM
I have always been an entrepreneur at heart and already have a couple of other business ventures:

Those are very creative sites! What lessons do you feel you have been able to take from running those businesses and apply to running a lawn care business?