PDA

View Full Version : Our Marketing Flyer

GreenBlue
04-01-2013, 06:22 PM
Here is our marketing flyer we have been working on, we don't have a program that can make it fancy, because both of us don't know how to use any program except Microsoft Word. Also the flyer isn't exactly finished, because we are unsure how it looks, therefore I am looking for advice and suggestions on what it looks like, what needs to be changed, etc.

LawnBoy0311
04-01-2013, 07:15 PM
There is a lot of clutter. Take out the counties you serve the text in the boxes. Highlite and color your special....it will draw attention to it. Make it simple and easy. At the top under your special put "FREE estimates- please call xxx.xxx.xxxx" At the very bottom Keep Family Owned and Operated with an email and website.

Let them either call or email....some prefer calls while others prefer email. Give them the option.

Your off to a good start!

Mayor of Mow Town
04-01-2013, 07:47 PM
How are you going to distribute these, and to whom? This will help getting relevant feedback.

GreenBlue
04-01-2013, 08:03 PM
How are you going to distribute these, and to whom? This will help getting relevant feedback.

Door to door in residential neighborhoods and once we get actually started stopping by some small commercial businesses. We are also considering door hangers, however we are still in the process of getting start up capital. We are trying to get everything lined up and ready to go, so when we get the capital we can get all of our equipment and start doing jobs, but while that process is going on we're getting the ball rolling on as many basics as possible so its less to do when we get our equipment.

The Cleaning Doctor
04-02-2013, 10:28 AM
Where's the damn phone number?

stevef1201
04-02-2013, 02:54 PM
Hey saw your flyer, that's great, but I hired this other guy because he had his phone number across the bottom real big, could not find yours.

You wont get this email but that is what is happening with your flyer.

Greg'slawnandlandscape
04-02-2013, 04:29 PM
I see what you are going for with listing county's at the bottom but it is uneeded is a customer has your flyer they will assume you service that area and if you don't just say we currently do not work in that area; on the other hand don't spread yourself so far that's allot of county's think about the miles you will be putting on your vehicles and the time.

GreenBlue
04-02-2013, 05:29 PM
I am correcting the flyer and have put our phone number on the top of the flyer under our special, and I have taken the advice and removed the text boxes, I will post an updated flyer for more advice and or suggestions before its finalized later this evening.

GreenBlue
04-02-2013, 06:22 PM
Ok, here is the updated marketing flyer. We removed the text boxes, highlighted the special, put our phone number underneath it with 0000 to block out the actual number, we put a sample email address and sample website at the bottom because this is something we are still working on, we also removed the counties we cover. An actual email address and website will be replacing the sample ones when we are to that stage. Overall it looks good, but as I said we don't know how to use anything other than Microsoft Word, so its plain but can't be helped. We are still in the start up stages, and as I said we are trying to get all the basics knocked out so that once we get our equipment we just focus on marketing and getting business and then going to jobs we acquire.

Mayor of Mow Town
04-02-2013, 06:41 PM
I'd love to help you with your formatting.

Are you open to me doing that or are you set on what you've got? (I don't want to spend the time if you're already printing stuff or not open to input).

GreenBlue
04-02-2013, 07:19 PM
I'd love to help you with your formatting.

Are you open to me doing that or are you set on what you've got? (I don't want to spend the time if you're already printing stuff or not open to input).

LOL its just a file saved on the computer right now, we aren't going to be anywhere near printing until we get the flyer looking good and the way it needs to. If you'd like to help with formatting you are more than welcomed to assit.

Mayor of Mow Town
04-02-2013, 07:27 PM
Righto.

Here you go. I have attached a Word doc and PDF version.

I did it quickly, but hopefully it will help a bit.

GreenBlue
04-02-2013, 07:57 PM
Righto.

Here you go. I have attached a Word doc and PDF version.

I did it quickly, but hopefully it will help a bit.

Wow! I didn't even consider making it look like that, that looks pretty good, I appreciate the facelift. :)

Steve
04-03-2013, 12:41 PM
The flyer looks good.

You can even put the logo smaller in the bottom left side and make the headline bigger with FREE really in your face to catch the readers attention.

Remember to lead off with your eye catching headline. You don't need your logo at top, it does nothing to catch a person's attention.

richvalleylawncare
04-03-2013, 11:14 PM
I just re-worked your original to try and clean up what you had initially. See what you think...

richvalleylawncare
04-03-2013, 11:17 PM
Here is one that I just whipped up for my company.

It has been adapted from multiple flyers on this site.

Steve
04-04-2013, 12:49 PM
That is a great design! I like the attention grabbing headline too because it makes you think.

I can't open the docx files. Others might not be able to either. So maybe try doc or pdf?

GreenBlue
04-04-2013, 05:38 PM
I was able to open the flyer, however everything was jumbled up so I don't think it got uploaded correctly for some reason, or then again maybe its just my computer. Is there a way you could repost as a pdf?

SNethercutt
04-04-2013, 05:46 PM
I noticed the flyer with all the grass.... remember you have to print or have these printed.

Any of y'all ever thought of printing on card stock type paper? I think it looks and feels more professional as opposed to some people I see with regular paper.

GreenBlue
04-04-2013, 05:52 PM
I noticed the flyer with all the grass.... remember you have to print or have these printed.

Any of y'all ever thought of printing on card stock type paper? I think it looks and feels more professional as opposed to some people I see with regular paper.

Cardstock paper isn't really worth the added cost, to some it might be, but I'd rather stay with regular paper since a small percentage of the flyers will actually be kept, might not save you that much, but that's my opinion.

richvalleylawncare
04-04-2013, 10:35 PM
That is a great design! I like the attention grabbing headline too because it makes you think.

I can't open the docx files. Others might not be able to either. So maybe try doc or pdf?

Sorry... Here it is in PDF. Again, I didn't want to take away too much from what he had originally had. I also tried to match the colors of his logo throughout the flier.

GreenBlue
04-04-2013, 11:45 PM
Sorry... Here it is in PDF. Again, I didn't want to take away too much from what he had originally had. I also tried to match the colors of his logo throughout the flier.

I appreciate this and will take both face lifts into consideration with my business partner.

Steve
04-05-2013, 04:52 PM
It looks good but remember to keep in mind, when a potential customer looks at your flyer, you have a few seconds to capture their attention before they decide to save it or throw it out.

You have to grab their attention and offer them something they want or need. Are you doing it with that flyer?

Will this flyer design's title grab them and get them to call?

Does a logo ever do that?

richvalleylawncare
04-05-2013, 10:41 PM
You have to grab their attention and offer them something they want or need. Are you doing it with that flyer?

Will this flyer design's title grab them and get them to call?

Does a logo ever do that?

Something too easy to forget...