PDA

View Full Version : Input On Potential Weekly Schedule

GreenBlue
03-31-2013, 11:55 AM
My goal is to have Monday, Wednesday, and Friday as days for mowing, with Tuesday and Thursday being used for other jobs. Also considering Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday for Mowing and leaving Monday and Tuesday for other jobs. I will also be explaining to my customers if it rains we can make arrangements to perform the job the next day if weather permits, but if not we will perform the service the following week. I'm open to any advice on if this schedule would work or if you would recommend a different type of schedule. I live in the Mid West so our weather is pretty strange at times, so that's why I'm sort of having a hard time planning this out and I'm looking for advice/suggestions.

Steve
04-01-2013, 01:24 PM
I think it is good you are leaving room for other jobs and catching up after it rains. Try it out and see how it goes.

GreenBlue
04-01-2013, 08:23 PM
I think it is good you are leaving room for other jobs and catching up after it rains. Try it out and see how it goes.

Thanks for the input Steve. We wanted to make sure we have at least 2 days for other jobs and to account for rain.

Sprinkler Buddy
04-02-2013, 06:21 PM
When possible, which isn't very often in the season, I like Fridays off if I can. Having Friday a light day, one can usually catch up on anything if need be. If it's a weekly lawn, the following week I get them back on the regular schedule. If you don't do that your schedule will always be lop sided.

stevef1201
04-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Monday is for other things,(Hedge trimming, FO TIME) Friday is catch up day (for rain) Tuesday Wednesday Thursday are bust *** mowing days

GreenBlue
04-02-2013, 07:24 PM
Monday is for other things,(Hedge trimming, FO TIME) Friday is catch up day (for rain) Tuesday Wednesday Thursday are bust *** mowing days

FO Time - LOL! That's hilarious if that stands for what I think it does. We are considering Monday for other jobs, and Friday and then having Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday for mowing, since most people have things they do on Friday to prepare for the weekend, etc.

Rexdale Grass
04-02-2013, 08:59 PM
just start a Monday to Friday, and put the people that would like things cut closer to the weekend closer, and the rest do according to location then when it rains all goes to hell. my life. that's how i do