PDA

View Full Version : A Chick in Florida

mowgirls
04-01-2013, 10:22 AM
Hey fellow lawn monkeys! My name is Lisa. I've been running my lawn biz here in Florida for 20 years. I started by working for my boyfriend-du-jour. I'd just gotten divorced and had no money and had been a stay-at-home-mom of three kids and was utterly unprepared to be a bread winner. But I loved working for this guy; loved being outside, loved sweating, loved getting dirty! After a few months I couldn't stand the shoddy manner in which my boyfriend ran his biz. He gave me five of his tiny accounts and I did the rest. I went from a 6' long "wagon", to a 12' open trailer, to a 12' enclosed trailer, to my present 16' enclosed trailer. I run a 52" Scag V-Ride, a 48" Scag Tiger Cub, a 36" Walker, and a commercial push mower. I have 50 some odd accounts;both commercial and residential. Life is good! Visit mowgirl.com (http://mowgirl.com). I'm switching servers soon and giving my web site a makeover. So visit often! Happy trails!!

jymie
04-01-2013, 12:09 PM
Welcome, sounds like your doing well! A quick note about your website, you may want to put the phone number in your header, don't make people search your site for your number.

djm2013
04-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Are you putting down chemicals with no skin protections, no ppo, no respirator. if and what r the chemicals that are going onto the tree roots. is it for consumption

I guess things are different in Florida, up here in NY if you were caught spraying anything like that the DEC would fine you and put you out of business, they also can arrest you for endangering humans and or yourself if they wish. If that pic was a one time thing on your own property, fine. But I would remove it from your website. looks unprofessional and dangerous...

oh and the phone number like that was mentioned...

just my two cents...

respectfully

Sprinkler Buddy
04-01-2013, 02:09 PM
Welcome to the forum.

LawnBoy0311
04-01-2013, 02:18 PM
I don't think she was asking for advice. She was introducing herself.

Judging by how long she's been in business, it looks like she's got things figured out.

Welcome to the forum.

Steve
04-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Welcome to our forum!

Will you be marketing yourself further to acquire more customers this spring?

djm2013
04-02-2013, 07:46 AM
I don't think she was asking for advice. She was introducing herself.

Judging by how long she's been in business, it looks like she's got things figured out.

Welcome to the forum.

Yes I did come across harsh, I apologize. I was too thinking that she made a business and has been in for a while which is a huge accomplishment. So I have respect for that.

mowgirls
04-03-2013, 07:29 AM
As I said, I'm switching servers with my website. Check it out now! And for goodness sake relax! Its all good.

jymie
04-03-2013, 08:54 AM
What is the reason that you do not list your phone number for your business on your site?

Sprinkler Buddy
04-03-2013, 12:11 PM
As I said, I'm switching servers with my website. Check it out now! And for goodness sake relax! Its all good.

lol You Go Girl! :-)